×Chapter 5×

It had been two weeks since the server meeting. Xanthus was still settling in, and making friends. He was helping hermits with projects and builds whenever he could.

  The one hermit who avoided him the most was Doc. The hybrid wanted nothing to do with Xanthus, though Xan tried to talk with him about casual things.

  Xanthus wasn't gonna give up completely, but he did for now. He wanted to construct a plan to gain a good friendship with Doc. He went to Xisuma for help, asking what might be the best option.

  "Well, Doc has been having some trouble spawn proofing the Nether for his gold farm, maybe you can help him with that?" Xisuma suggested, having been building when his brother came for help.

  "Everytime I try to help him, he just snaps at me and pushes me away. Hmm.." Xanthus thought for a moment. "What if I did it without him knowing, as like a gift?"

  Xisuma smiled. "Now you're getting somewhere. Meet me at the nether portal tonight, I'm going to show you where to spawn proof. Make sure to wear armour." Xisuma explained, chucking a piece of concrete at his brother to surprise him a little. "And make sure you have at least one piece of gold armour. I don't want you getting hurt by piglins."

  Xanthus nodded. Later that night, he met up with his brother at the portal. He followed Xisuma's warnings, wearing some gold leggings.

  The two of them set through the portal, their masks on to filter out the ash filled air. As soon as they step foot on the netherrack, Xanthus seemed to tense up. Xisuma placed a hand on his shoulder, worried.

  "What's wrong?" X asked, concered about Xan's welbeing.

  "It's so hot here, nothing like the cold of the End. It's startling." Xanthus replied, glancing around.

  Xisuma only laughed. "You haven't been to the End in years, how would you remember that?"

  Xanthus sighed softly, dragging Xisuma's attention to a more serious note.

   "While I was... not here.. I was in the Void... but not the Nether Void, or the Overworld Void. The End Void... It was so freezing that my senses had dulled while in there. I couldn't feel my legs after a while. And all together lost consciousness. I guess that's why you all found me passed out." Xanthus explained, glancing at his brother.

  Xisuma looked like a dog who'd just been caught eating a bag of treats, guilt covering his expression. Xanthus pulled him into a hug.

   "It's not your fault, it's mine. You are not to blame for my actions." He assured the admin, who only just hugged back.

  It became a little too hot to hug for long, so the two just smiled at each other and set off towards the area that needed spawn proofing. They soon got there. Xisuma noticed that Doc was already here and warned Xanthus.

  Xan assured him that it would be okay and just started to spawn proof the area. When Doc started to move closer, the two moved to a second area, leaving Doc to find the area already miraculously spawn proofed with no one in sight.

  This continued on for several hours before the brother duo headed home to rest for the night.

×××××

  When morning came, Doc got an unexpected visitor, whom at first he was annoyed to see. Xanthus had been annoying him but stopped suddenly the other day. Then he shows up today to the hybrid's surprise.

  "U-um.. Hi Doc.. Did you like my present?" He asked with a small smile, very nervous.

  "What present?" Doc replied, intrigued but still a bit annoyed.

   "The area near your gold farm. It was already spawn proofed when you got around to it, right?" Xanthus elaborated, twiddling his thumbs together behind his back. 

  Doc just nodded, wanting to see how this was gonna go.

  "I did it for you. It would have taken ages for you to do it on your own and I wanted to help out." The helmet hid his smile, but it was there.

  Doc's eyes widened, eyesbrows raised as his jaw slightly dropped.

  "You did that? Even though I've been so rude to you?" Doc asked, feeling guilty now for being so mean to the nice man in front of him.

  "Of course, I'm not some rude jerk anymore. And I've learned not to hold grudges over things." Xanthus explained, taking off his helmet to he can talk face to face with Doc.

  Doc was a bit taken aback by his actions and mannerisms. He was so much like Xisuma, but more of a jokester.

  "W-well. Um, would you like to come in to chat for a bit?" Doc offered, causing Xanthus's eyes to light up.

  "Sure! Been wanting to talk for a while now. I absolutely love your building style!" Xanthus complimented, making Doc chuckle.

   Doc led him inside his base, starting up a conversation as the two of them made it to a comfortable area to talk. Xanthus didn't realize it, but Doc was still slightly on edge. Yet he showed no signs of it.

Somewhere else on the server, a certain admin had been waiting for a moment to be alone. Everyone else was finally busy with things, even Xanthus.

  Xisuma had been sitting in a room under his base, tinkering with admin commands and ideas for new ones. Most of the time the commands were helpful to the server, like fixing a broken day/night cycle or stopping Enderman griefing.

  This time, the commands he had been working on were supposedly to help the server, but it was effecting one person only.

  Xisuma still didn't fully trust his brother. And the admin thought that this was the best way to ensure that everyone was happy, in a way.

  He had gone into the code of the hermits on the server, and found his brother's profile. He didn't want to, but deemed it necessary for the safety of the server.

   He changed his brother's coding. Since it was almost impossible to code a full personality from scratch, he took copies of snippets from other hermit's personalities.

  Xisuma gave him a base personality from himself, added a bit of Grian troublemaker and Joe Hills interest in words and writing. It felt wrong, so very wrong. But his head told him it was the best way. Though his gut disagreed.

   {Thats it for part one of this book. I will be working on more chapters behind the scenes and clustered publishing them when ready}