×Chapter 11×

"Dang it. Why did this have to happen when everything finally settled down.." The brit mumbled, glancing around the dark purple and black bedroom he sat in.

  "Oh Diamond, cheer up. You're home now." A tall figure stood in the doorway, their cloak covering their silhouette.

  Grian didn't say anything, just looking down at his lap. The mask covering his eyes blocked the anger in them from being seen.

  "Please leave me be for now, I want to settle in alone." The brit said through gritted teeth.

  The figure didn't say anything but walked away. Grian looked around his old room, trying to ignore the memories from being trapped here. He dealt with this stress last season, and he hoped he never had to again.

  His wings had gotten weak after being away from the magic that brought them into being. So he'd hid them so he could use elytras more often to fly.

  "Everyone is gonna be worried... I don't want them to have to come for me again... Joe got hurt last time." Grian thought to himself, running his hand through his dark strawberry blond hair.

  He took off the mask with a soft sigh, rubbing his eyes. Grian had only one person running through his mind. His best friend, the goofy redstoner who is always stressing over Grian's safety.

  Mumbo would be worried on where Grian is. Everyone would. Since the last time he disappeared like this, someone got hurt.

  "Diamond, have you finished settling in?" The figure had returned, standing in the doorway again.

  "Not yet, Braid." Grian said, mind still replaying the events of last season in this castle.

  "Alright, I'll leave you be for the day then." The figure left again, having noticed the tension in Grian's tone.

                            ×××××

       It had been almost a full day since anyone had seen Grian. Mumbo and Iskall weren't too worried, but the feeling was there. He might've been out getting resources. But when Xanthus went to check on him since he was late for a build session, red flags went off everywhere.

  Xanthus immediately sensed something was off the second he stepped into the megabase. He messaged Xisuma to come to the mansion, saying it's urgent.

  The admin, who had been talking with Mumbo, glanced at his communicator with his eyes widened.

  "Somethings happened at Grian's base, want to tag along?" Xisuma asked the redstoner in front of him.

  Mumbo nodded, determined to find out what happened to his best friend. Xisuma pulled up his admin screen, typing in a command and teleporting both hermits to the large jungle mansion.

  Mumbo stumbled a bit, not used to being teleported to places. But as soon as he steadied himself, he noticed both void twins tense up.

  "Is something wrong?" Mumbo asked, worry lacing his tone.

  The twins looked at each other, both unable to speak. After a second of regaining composure, Xisuma spoke.

  "Mumbo, do you remember last season. When we had that... event with Joe and Grian?" Xisuma mentioned, making the mustached man stiffen up where he stood.

  "Don't tell me.." Mumbo said quietly, eyes wide in fear and worry.

    Xanthus was looking around, noticing something out of the ordinary for the dark colour scheme of the mansion. He picked up a dark purple feather, holding back a small gasp at the End energy emitting from the feather.

  "If that event has something to do with the End, I might be able to help." Xanthus stated, chipping into the conversation which had trailed off to silence.

   "How did you know it happened in the End?" Mumbo asked, surprised at Xanthus's ability to figure it out.

  "I found something, that's pretty strict to one thing that exists, and it exists in the End. Though the energy from it has more than slight trace of Overworld energy." Xanthus walked over to the two, holding a dark purple feather.

  Mumbo gasped softly, appearing extremely worried now. He took the feather to look at it closely, sighing softly as he realized who it was from.

  "It's Grian's, but the fact he's lost a feather shows there was a bit of panic involved. He only ever looses feathers when he's panicking." Mumbo explained, catching Xanthus off guard.

  "You're saying..," He paused, glancing at Xisuma. "that this feather belongs to that little jokester? As in, he has wings?"

  Mumbo nodded. Xisuma decided to explain the situation to Xanthus.

  "I know what you're thinking, Xan. But he was forced to be a Watcher. He didn't want to be one so don't think it was his choice to leave." Xisuma stated, calming his brother's stress.

   "But you know how Watchers are. What if they did something to him? Their masks are terrible.." Xanthus trailed off, tightening his fists to avoid taking off his helmet.

  Xisuma nodded, glancing at the ground. Mumbo was lost, thinking it was just something they both had dealt with. He didn't want to intrude on their business.

  "What do you suppose we do? Last time we tried to deal with them.. Grian sacrificed himself to save us. We got away with just a few scars but what if something worse happens?" Mumbo rambled, still holding Grian's feather tight in his hand.

  Xisuma and Xanthus broke free of their flashbacks, looking at the mustached man.

  "For now, we have to make a plan. And X might have to use his powers to help me make the portal." Xanthus stated, glancing at his brother.

  "I'm not sure if I can, it's been so long since I last used them, but I know someone who might be able to help. I'll call them now." Xisuma replied, pulling out his communicator and quickly messaging a certain hermit.

  After about 20 minutes, the glasses-wearing man stepped out of Grian's portal and made his way to the group.

  "You wanted to see me, X?" Joe asked, tilting his head.

   His scars were faint, but they still were visible. Xanthus couldn't help but feel guilty for not recognizing what they were sooner.

  "Yea, I know this is a little sensitive of a topic, but we need some help. Do your powers still work?" Xisuma asked, gesturing to Joe's hands.

  The poetry addict let out a small sigh, raising one hand and igniting a small purple flame in his palm.

  "Yes, but why did you ask?" Joe queried, glancing at the other two hermits in acknowledgement.

  "We've got a problem." Mumbo said, holding up the feather so Joe can see.

  Joe's eyes widened, but he soon closed them and nodded.

  "We should tell the others before it's too late. I've been in one of those masks before and I'm worried that those two did something to G." Joe said, keeping his calm.

  "Wait, two? There's only one Watcher duo I know.., X please tell me it isn't them." Xanthus looked at Xisuma, worry and fear in his eyes.

  Xisuma only nodded solemnly, leaving the other two hermits confused.