15

Daisy wakes up, she had spent the night in a separate room to Dars. She's sitting against the door, the door leads to Dars' room. She looks down at her bite, it seems to be scabbing over. She still feels fine, perhaps Dars feels the same.

She gets up and opens the door to his room. He's standing by the window, his back turned to her. He seems quite humped over and doesn't acknowledge her.

'Dars?' She frowns 'You alright?'.

He slowly turns to face her. His skin is ghostly pale, blood runs from his eyes and nose. He snarls and twitches as his bloodshot eyes fix on Daisy. He leaves out a shriek and sprints for her.

She slams the door shut and he bangs his body against it. The tears stream down her face as he repeatedly throws his body against the door, she slides down it as she tries to catch her breath. Why isn't this happening her?

Daisy gets herself together, stands up and takes a deep breath. She can't think about herself in this situation. She has to think about everyone back at the camp, about Charlie and what's going to happen to them when she returns without the leader. She walks away from the door Dars is still banging against.

She closes the door of the shop, her eyes are stinging from crying, her head is throbbing, her heart is still pounding against her chest. She sticks a note on the door 'Please do what I couldn't'.

She walks away, leaving Dars trapped in the room, for all she knows he may be like that forever, but hopefully someone will come along and put him out of his misery.

Daisy doesn't care, she feels numb. She walks through the streets not caring that she's in plain sight, she reaches the outskirts of the town and looks back, this isn't the last time she'll be in this town but first she needs to deal with something else.

A Freak stands in the middle of the road, staring up at the sky. She grabs him and slams him onto the ground, Daisy holds her hatchet tightly and finds herself repeatedly smashing it down onto his face. She screams as his face gets more and more disfigured, she keeps going until there's nothing left of his rotted head. She falls off him and sobs in the middle of the road.

The gates of the camp open and Daisy takes a deep breath. She's had multiple stops, followed by multiple breakdowns and now she just feels nothing again. She walks through the town and to her cabin where she finds Charlie sitting at the table, he looks up at her and frowns.

'We're leaving,' she says and begins to pack.
'Wait,' he says 'why? This place is good, it's safe'.
She doesn't answer him, she continues to shove all her items into her backpack.

'What happened?' He asks 'Where have you been?'.
'Dars is dead,' she says, stopping as her eyes fill with tears 'and I'm not living happily ever after here. You can come or you can stay'.
Charlie picks up his backpack 'We only have each other'.
Daisy smiles as her tears stream down her cheeks.
'What's the plan?' He asks.
'Head back to the Tower,' she puts on her bag 'and figure out how we're going to kill Aaron'.