17

Daisy sits at the end of her bed, the tears streaming down her face. The morning sun is rising, it's going to be a nice day.

She got no sleep last night, her mind was thinking over time. She and Charlie had found bottles of vodka in one of the presses, they spent the night drinking them. But now she looks down at her bite, the skin is scabbed over, the bite and the surrounding area is beginning to look like some kind of burn, her skin is all blistered and red.
But she's still somehow feeling fine.

'Morning,' Charlie gets out of bed, he takes a gulp of vodka.
Daisy wipes away her tears 'morning'.
'You sleep at all?' He asks, he passes her the bottle.
'Yeah, got a bit,' she lies, still feeling drunk 'Nice to see the sun shining'.

'It's grand,' he rummages through his bag, downing as much vodka as he can, a part of her thinks he's just using her mood to get away with drinking this much 'What's the plan for today?'.

'I don't know,' she says 'I was waiting to discuss it with you'.
'Well I'm wide awake now,' he sits on the bed beside her 'I am sorry about what happened'.

'Charlie, it's just me and you now,' she says 'Why?'.
'What you mean?'.
'Why did you choose to be with me?' She asks 'Leaving behind that place?'.
'It doesn't matter,' he says 'what matters is we stick together'.

She looks at him 'You're the last person I would've thought would stick by me, before we left the bunker I hardly ever spoke to you'.
'Felt out of line,' he says 'I always wanted to talk to you, become friends'.
'Maybe I should've cheated on Aaron with you,' she chuckles.
He laughs 'You would've loved that'.

Daisy finishes the vodka and pushes him down on the bed, he smiles slightly but then becomes more serious 'Daisy?'.
'Yes'.
'You sure?'.
She kisses his neck and whispers 'yes' in his ear.

There's a bang on the fence outside, they presume it's just some Freak but then they hear voices.
'Nobody can get in,' Charlie says, he pulls her into him and kisses her neck 'Be grand'.
'Wait...' Daisy stops breathing, listening intensely 'Is that Lily?'.
'Hardly'.
Daisy crouches towards the window, peering out 'Jesus Christ'.
'No way,' he gets out of the bed and heads towards the door.

'Are you gonna walk out naked?' She frowns.
'Oh fuck yeah,' he grabs his clothes. The two of them get dressed, their heads still spinning.

Daisy and Charlie make their way out of the Tower and towards the gate. Charlie opens the gate and Lily turns around in shock 'Jesus Christ, it is true'.
'Surprise,' Charlie grins sarcastically 'can't kill us that easily'.
'It was never the plan to kill ye,' Lily says 'Just get rid of ye, wait are ye drunk?'.
'No,' Charlie says fast enough to make it obvious they were.

There's movement in the trees, the rest appear. Conor, Abby, Lauren, Cian and...Alex.

'Oh Conor,' Daisy embraces him tightly.
He kisses the top of her forehead 'Alex told us everything on our way here'.
Daisy looks at Alex and nods dismissively, he puts his head down.

'Ye here to take us back?' Charlie frowns, he looks at Lily 'Or to attack us again?'.
'We left,' Lily says 'Aaron wants to reduce the movement above ground, we weren't waiting around to see the mess'.

Charlie raises his eyebrows 'Thought Aaron had you on a tight lead?'.
'I care about surviving' Lily says coldly 'and I wasn't going to survive down there without enough supplies, watching kids kill each other for food'.

   They bring them up to the tower.
'What the fuck happened in here?' Conor asks.
There's empty bottles everywhere, everything's tossed all over the place, it's as if the place was attacked.

'It's been a hard few days,' Daisy says, they're not drunk enough to let slip what happened but they were drunk enough to not really remember everything.

'Jesus,' Lily looks around 'I feel really bad for what I put ye through'.
Charlie and Daisy look at each other, Charlie shrugs 'It's fine'.