3

Nikki's P.O.V.

Niall handed me a stuff belt,

"You have twenty minutes to break that in before I wear it out on your ass. Got me?"

"Y-Yes sir.", I whispered. I wish Zayn was here, not on some stupid fucking business trip. I always forget how scared I am of Niall until it's just us.

"Get to it." He stormed out as I stared down at the heavy black belt. How do I even do this???

Let me back up.

*last night*

"Where are you?", Niall demanded over the phone.

"I'm hanging out with my friends. J told you that Ni."

"Yeah. At a fucking rager?"

"No!"

"Bullshit. Don't fucking lie to me Nikkita. I fucking see you." I turned around on the beach, immediately seeing Niall by his Jeep. "Get your ass over here." I sighed, hanging up and walking over to him. As I got close, he started to take off his belt.

"Please not here Ni.", I begged, "Please. My-My friends are here."

"You should have thought about that. Fucking come here. Now." I shuffled over, still tripping over begs and apologies, only for him to grab me and bend me over the hood of the car, about a foot off the ground,

WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK!

He let me go as I fell to the ground,

"Get in the fucking car." I quickly scrambled up and wiped my tears, getting in the car as I ignored the stares and silence from the beach. Normally, I loved riding in the Jeep at night and Niall and I always had fun. Now I'd always think if this. It wasn't gonna be fun anymore.

****

"Done?", Niall asked coming in. My eyes got wide as I forced a nod,

"Y-Yes." He took the untouched belt from me, looking back to me confused,

"You didn't do anything Nikkita."

"I-I didn't know what you meant.", I whispered, "I'm sorry."

"You should have asked me."

"I'm sorry." He sighed, bending and twisting the belt for a few minutes before he sighed again,

"Alright, over the couch."

"Niall please! Please I-I learned yesterday I promise!"

"No, you didn't. Last night was to calm me down and teach you not to fucking lie to me." He... hit me to calm down? "This is to teach you not to go to ragers and not to lie to me. Again. Now bend over the couch."

"Niall-"

"Enough!", he barked, silencing me, "I'm so fucking tired of you back talking and thinking you fucking run everything! Get over the goddamn couch, now." I held my breath, doing as he said.

WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK!

I heard the belt drop onto the couch as I stayed trembling over it. That hurt more than anything ever, yet I didn't make a sound.

"Go. You're grounded for two months." I nodded, getting up only to fall to the floor.

"I'm sorry!", I cried, curling up in a ball. I started to crawl towards the hall but stopped when I hit Niall's legs. I froze, curling into a tighter ball as I hid my face.

"Nikki look at me.", Niall said softly. I swallowed hard, slowly looking up at him. He crouched down, gently brushing the tears from my cheeks as I flinched, "Why are you so scared?"

"Y-You're just like dad sometimes.", i choked out, "I just wish you'd calm down before you hit me and yelled at me." He sat in front of me, sinking down to match my stance,

"NiNi I'm sorry.", he whispered, "You're right. I should have calmed down. I'm so sorry Bambi." I froze at the nickname. When I was little, I'd get tired or sad and refuse to walk. Niall used to call me Bambi when he'd pick me up and take me to bed.

"I'm sorry I'm a bad sister.", I whispered, "I-I'm sorry I don't listen and I back talk and I'm sorry you have to hit me to calm down. I'm sorry I turned you into dad."

"You're an amazing sister Nikki. I'm a shitty brother. I-I shouldn't have said that stuff. I don't calm down from hitting you, it makes everything worse." He gently placed met hand on his chest, where his heart raced, "See? I meant when I ignored you last night. Which I shouldn't have done either. I'm sorry I act like dad. I'm sorry I scare you."

"I'll forgive you if you forgive me for the party and everything."

"Deal." He stood up, picking me up and sitting on the couch with me, "Take a nap. Later on, I'll take you to get your nails done." I smiled,

"Thanks bubba."

~~~~

"So... how old are you?", I asked the foreign boy doing my nails.

"Seventeen. You?", his Asian accent for some reason shocked me.

"Fourteen."

"Cool."

"Where do you go to school?"

"I don't. I graduated back in Korea."

"Oh. Cool." I paused, "Why'd you come here?"

"To help my parents run the business. And for my sister."

"Your sister?" He nodded, gesturing to the small girl in the corner, painting her dolls nails.

"She's five." He paused, "In Korea, I was raising her. She could have been killed just for going outside."

"Why?"

"Because she's a girl."

"Oh. That's awful."

"It's better here."

"That's good. I'm sure she appreciates you protecting her." He chuckled,

"She doesn't act like it." I glanced at Niall, who sat a few seats away eavesdropping,

"Sometimes... it's hard to express it.", I said softly, looking back to the boy, "But as a little sister, I'm sure she appreciates it. Or she will later in life. A lot."

"I hope so."

~~~~

Niall and I walked into the apartment, finding Zayn in the living room.

"Dad!", I cheered hugging him, "Sorry. I missed you."

"Don't apologize my love. I missed you too." I sat next to him as he looked from me to Niall before gesturing across the room to the belt, "Care to explain?"

"I went to a party.", I whispered, "And lied."

"And... then I overreacted.", Niall said, "But we made up. We're all good, right kid?" I nodded,

"Yeah. We're good bubba."