5

Niall's P.O.V.

I looked down at the sensor in my car as Nikki got into the front seat,

"That's weird.", I muttered, messing with the settings.

"What?", she asked as she ate her sliced apples.

"Your airbag isn't on. And it won't let me turn it on."

"Oh.", she muttered, "Maybe I'm too young."

"It's by weight, not age genius." She stayed quiet. "How much do you weigh?", I whispered.

"I dunno. It doesn't matter. That's none of your business and you really shouldn't ask women that-"

"You're avoiding the question.", I said firmly, "Just tell me."

"Like... ninety five pounds."

"Ninety- Nikki what the fuck!?"

"I'm just tiny! I-I eat! I just don't gain weight." I sighed,

"You're dangerously underweight. We gotta fix that kiddo."

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault."

~~~~

"Dad?" He sniffled a little, putting the picture down,

"Yeah?" I sat next to him on the couch,

"I know you're sad today, I am too. But Nikki needs me and therefore I need you." He nodded,

"Being sad doesn't make me incapable of parenting. What's up kid?"

"She's like... super underweight. But I know she's eating and not getting sick."

"Some people have really fast metabolisms kid. She could just be small. I'd take her to a doctor, but past that, don't stress about it Ni."

"Okay. Thanks dad." He nodded as I laid my head on his shoulder, "I love you."

"I love you too kid." Four years ago today, Callie told dad she was depressed. He told her she had no reason to be depressed and was overreacting. She killed herself a week later. "I'm gonna do better with Nikki. And you. I'm gonna listen better."

"You do. You've changed a lot and in a lot of good ways. That doesn't make it any easier for you, but I don't worry about that stuff with me or Nikki."

"Good." I sighed,

"I'm gonna go make her do homework."

"Good luck."

~~~~

"Nikki will you set the table?", I asked as she walked into the kitchen.

"Why the fuck do I have to!?", she yelled a little. I spun around and sent her a look as her hand flew over her mouth and she burst into tears.

"Oh my fucking god.", Grayson grumbled, getting up and leaving.

"Grayson we will talk about that later.", I called, sitting on the floor where Nikki now sat, "Hey, hey breathe. You're okay. Why are you crying love?", I asked softly.

"I-I-I don't kn-know. I'm s-sorry.", she sobbed as I held her tightly. Dad passed her a piece of chocolate,

"Eat it." She did so, calming down quickly. I helped her up as she wiped her tears. Dad handed her some juice thing, "Drink this. Then take these.", he said handing her pills.

"What are those?", I asked.

"Midol. Trust me."

"Midol? What's that?", Nikki asked.