9

Mason's P.O.V.

"It's not fair!", Gracie snapped, her eyes lined with tears. Her voice had finally started to change and it was like getting new know a whole new kid. It was great.

"How is it not fair Gracelyn!?"

"Because if Lily's in trouble, all she has to say is she's on her period and you'll just drop it. I can't do that! I-I know they suck and all but I want that. I want to be a girl!" My heart dropped,

"Baby, you are a girl. And I'm so sorry you can have everything like others, but that does not make you any less of a girl than Lily or Nikki or anyone else. I promise."

"It's not fair that she can get out of things."

"You're right. But she doesn't. I remember and a week later, she gets the same punishment. If you don't wanna do this right now then we can do it tomorrow or the next day or whatever. But just know that pushing it off comes with more lecturing and usually more punishment to remind you what you did and why it was wrong. But if you're in a bad mental place, tell me and-"

"I'm in a really bad mental place dad.", she whispered, the label making my heart leap.

"Okay. Then we won't do this today." I paused, "Or maybe at all. It's not a huge deal. But don't let this convince you I won't go through with things."

"I know you will. I-I just can't handle it today."

"Okay. Let's order take out and go to the beach."

"Can we watch a movie instead?"

"Of course. Whatever you want sweetie."

Nikki's P.O.V.

"Nikkita!", Niall snapped. I jumped, dropping the pack of cigarettes into the sand. He quickly picked them up, "I swear to God if any of these are missing, I'll kill you."

"Three are. Please fucking do.", I muttered. He stared at me for a few seconds before pocketing the smokes and looking around,

"See that tree?", he asked pointing at a small, thin tree a few yards from us. I nodded, "Go cut a branch off and bring it to me.", he said handing me a pocket knife.

"I'll just slit my wrists while I'm at it.", I mumbled as I walked off. He grabbed my arm tightly,

"Stop fucking saying shit like that.", he snapped, "Please." I pulled away from him, walking to the tree and doing as he said. I brought back the thin branch as he took it and his knife, getting rid of all the leaves and bumps until it was smooth. He swung it through the air, making a terrifying sound, "Bend over."

"W-What?"

"Now.", he snapped. I hesitated but laid over a big rock, glad this was like our private beach.

SNAP!SNAP!SNAP!SNAP!SNAP!SNAP!SNAP!SNAP!SNAP!SNAP!

Finally, he stopped,

"Get to the fucking house. You're grounded for a month."

~~~~

"Nikki?", dad called softly, knocking on my bedroom door that was to "stay open indefinitely", according to Niall.

"Yeah?", I whispered, laying on my bed. He sat next to me,

"Are you okay?" I shrugged, "That's not really an answer."