10

Mason's P.O.V.

"Can you watch out for her?", Niall asked me. I nodded,

"Of course. And if she'd feel better, she can even stay in the dorm with me and Gracie."

"She might. I don't know yet." I nodded,

"Okay. I'll keep an eye on her Niall. Don't worry."

"Thanks Mason." He left the dorm room as Gracie came out from her room,

"Nikki's here?" I nodded. "Why?"

"She thinks it's better for all of them I guess."

"It might be."

"Why do you say that?"

"They just... kinda clash a lot. Nikki tends to do stupid stuff and then everyone is against each other."

"Oh." I had a feeling I just took on another kid.

~~~~

"Nikki I hope you're paying attention."

"Yeah. Sorry Mason." I gave her a look. "Mr. Jacobs. Sorry." The bell rang as she packed up slowly, knowing I was gonna lecture her. Once everyone else had left, I sighed,

"Nikki-"

"I know.", she said softly, "I'm sorry. It just slipped. And I-I know it can't just slip. I'm sorry. I'll do better." I'd heard the words "I'll do better" at least a hundred times in the past week.

"Kid, you are doing better. I'm really proud of you." She smiled a little. "Why don't you stay with me and Gracie this weekend? It's your first weekend here and we could have a real dinner instead of fast food and whatever you can make in dorm."

"I-I don't wanna intrude."

"You won't intrude kiddo." She hesitated,

"Gracie... doesn't really like me..."

"It's not that I didn't like you.", Gracie said coming in, "I didn't like me. I wasn't truly myself and I took that out on you and Lily and I'm sorry. I'm better now in a lot of ways." She paused, "Maybe you could show me how to straighten my hair? I can't figure it out."

"Y-You're sure?" We both nodded. "Okay. Thanks. I don't really like being in dorm alone."

"So why'd you come to a boarding school?" She paused for a minute,

"I-I just think it's a better place for me."

"But you hate it." She shrugged, smiling a little,

"Yeah but Niall and Zayn aren't as stressed out now. They-They never signed up for me and I got too comfortable."

"What'd you mean?", Gracie asked.

"My real personality is too much for people. I'm too much to handle."

"You won't be too much for people who love you."

Nikki's P.O.V.

"Yeah?", Niall answered his phone, clearly having just been laughing.

"Hey."

"Hey. Need something?"

"No I-I just wanted to talk."

"I'm kinda busy kid."

"Oh. Doing what?"

"Making dinner with dad and Lily." Oh yeah. Lily.

"Oh. O-Okay. Sorry I bothered you."

"I'll call you back later, okay?"

"Yeah."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Nov 21, 2020 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Beach Babesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें