6

"Hey look Levi I am on top of the tree!" Levi glanced at the brunette who was now dangling down from a tree branch, his hair tied loosely down making him look like the actual Tarzan. While spending time in the city they decided to go to an aquarium.

The place was magically beautiful almost seemed like out of a fairy tale. Surprisingly, it had a restaurant which they spent their time eating lunch at.
Surrounding them was the rest of the aquarium. Glassy half circle shaped tanks above their heads.
When they sat quietly in front of each other no one mentioned the word "date." As if they were both scared of it. Not scared of each other or the actual word. But the consequences.
The consequences of attachment and loss all together at the same time. When Levi was examining the white shark swimming with a straight face with all these soft looking turtles around him. Eren turned to him.
His gaze falling from Levi's eyes to his lips and down to his boney pale hands.
With a hesitant move of his own hand the brunette held Levi's hand in his. Levi squeezed the warm flesh in his own not daring to look back at the ocean green eyes. Afraid of drowning in them.
Almost as if Eren brought him to his own kingdom. Blue was surrounding him at that moment.

After that they walked to this huge park with tall trees surrounding it. There were small lantern lights keeping the place away from the darkness surrounding it.
Eren challenged Levi into a tree climbing competition. They went on climbing around 5 trees before Levi gave up and let himself give in and sit on the grass.
Eren found his way down from the tree and walked towards Levi who was now giving in his sitting position to laying down with his hands at the back of his head used as a pillow.

Levi felt Eren shift beside his body and join him on the grass. They both laid there and looked at the tiny, shiny stars splattered across the sky.
"Eren if you don't mind, I want to hear your story about your mom." Levi mumbled under his breath and turned to his side facing Eren.
Meanwhile Eren was laying on his back he felt his breath hitch in his throat.

"Why?"

"Because I've also been there before and now that I have found someone to share it with, I don't want to give it up. So please." When Eren's eyes found Levi's gray and complex ones. He saw the glossy look. The light of the lantern's around them reflecting in the shorter man's eyes made his heart quicken and his breath shorten.

"You... your mom? Did you-

"I lost my whole family before I even got to know them."
Eren's eyes widened and he turned around on his side facing Levi.
He started fiddling with his own fingers and at some point he started pulling strands of grass out of the ground.

"I was 8 turning 9, My dad and I knew that she was into
Politics. It was alright with us until she started opposing with some of the politicians. Well let's say she did that through her art. Her big canvas painting won an award. My dad kept worrying about her. You know, once it gets famous everyone sees it and one different opinion, everyone gets in your face about it. After that art exhibition, some people took her away. My kid self thought it was because her art was good. She said she was gonna come back with another award but she was crying and they both tried fooling me into it. Dad kept telling me she was alright and that she was in a better place because her art was worthier than other arts. But I found out the truth by the time I grew up. And the truth was that, she rotted in prison and died from the torture of punishment for having a different opinion. You see? Sunflowers are artsy and beautiful, they are bright, while every other flower is facing away, they follow the sun. They follow the light until you break them out of their roots."

With that, Levi pushed himself closer and laid a gentle hand on Eren's chest right below his heart.

"I never knew my dad and I was a kid when my mom died. Supposedly she used to sell her body for keeping me alive. Then I grew up with my uncle. He died from heart stroke when I was 17 so I started to live on my own. And here I am." 

He shifted slowly making his way into a sitting position. The brunette sat up with him. Eren's fingers hesitatingly went into the back of Levi's undercut and gently stroked the soft hair behind it. Levi looked at him in awe.
Both eyes were glossy looking into each others. Levi's lips shuttered reminding him how cold his lips felt at the moment.
Without knowing what he was doing or having any complete control over his actions he buried his head in the crook of the brunettes neck and pressed his lips on the tam collarbone peaking from under his shirt.
The skin was warm and soft under his lips. The smell of man perfume was dizzying.
It didn't exactly smell like perfume. It was mixed with Eren's smell making Levi take a deep breath and cherish the it while he could.
Eren's stroking hand behind his hair fell as he let out a sigh. Then Levi felt a hand cupping his chin and bringing his face up.
His lips were leveled with the taller man's under him.
Their noses bumping and Eren's lips were softly grazing Levi's own.
Suddenly a cold wind sent shivers down his spine and he pulled away from Eren. Untouched and left wanting more. 

Levi almost wanted to say don't leave. Stay here.
It was the first time in years since Levi felt at home.
He wondered if Eren felt the same but no. He wouldn't get attached to him right?
There was no reason for Eren to stay because of him.
He was just another one of those one night stands for the handsome brunette. He felt weightless there with Eren. Everything was easy and simple. He wished he could've had more of this.

That night they made their way back home. They walked the whole way and no one stopped Eren from getting Levi a small notebook with a dark cover and shiny stars splattered on it when he found out the shorter man had an obsession for notebooks.

Yet again, no one stopped Eren from going...

Then , they parted their ways to their own meaning of home.

——

Hope you enjoyed it, I would appreciate if you vote the chapter if you did.
Thank you