Chapter 1

~11 years later~

Spencer was now a doctor/profiler for the FBI in Quantico, VA and Aubrey was a junior in high school. Aubrey was 17 now and always wanted to get her work done. She was intelligent just like her brother. The only downfall of the situation was that Spencer wasn't always home because there was always a case to be solved. Aubrey didn't worry about it much, though.

They had good communication while he was out of town. He would always call her when he landed, she would text him if she needed help finding something or help with a homework question, and he call and tell her when he was on his way home. Not bad, right? Spencer had just parked the car in the driveway of his house. He walked inside the house and looked around.

The house smelled of laundry detergent; meaning that Aubrey had done laundry today. The kitchen was clean and the floor was spotless. She always kept the house clean when he was gone. He walked up the stairs and in his room. His clothes were folded on his bed and his room was clean.

He set his bag down next to his night stand and changed into his comfortable T-shirt and pajama pants. He then made his way to his sister's room. She always kept her door open id she was up doing things. He walked in her room and knocked.

Audrey looked up from her history book and smiled at her brother, "hey, Spence. How was the flight?"

"Relaxing." He answered, "how was school today?"

"Great. I got an A+ on my Chemistry test." She smiled.

"That's good. I'm guessing you have other tests coming up too?" He asked.

"Yeah I have a huge test in history." She answered as she lifted up her history book and a study sheet.

"History's your favorite." Spencer said, "you'll pass without a doubt."

"I just wanna study so I'm sure." She replied.

Spencer chuckled, "you're just like me. Always having your nose in a book."

"Well I am your sister." She rolled her eyes with a smirk.

"Or maybe you're adopted." He mumbled under his breath jokingly.

Audrey laughed and punched his arm, "asshole."

Spencer wrapped his arms around her in a hug, "I missed you."

"I missed you too." She said hugging him back, "it gets kind of lonely without a brother around."

"But I'm here now." He smiled.

"Until duty calls again." Audrey replied.

"Crime doesn't sleep." He said.

Audrey yawned, "that's true. I better get some sleep. You should too."

She put her history book and homework folder in her bookbag and set it beside her bed. Spencer covered her up and kissed her head.

"I'll see you in the morning. Goodnight, Audrey." Spencer smiled at her.

"Night, Spencer." She said as she turned her lamp off.

Spencer walked out of her room and shut her door. He heard his phone go off and he looked at it to see a text message from Derek.

Derek Morgan: How's the kid?

Spencer smiled at how his team cared about his sister. He replied back.

Spencer: Same as always. Studying until she speaks nothing but knowledge.

Spencer walked to his room and set his phone on his night stand. He climbed in his bed and immediately fell asleep.