Chapter 4

Audrey was moving her clothes to the dryer and putting Spencer's clothes in the washer. She had finished her homework and organized her room. Her phone started ringing. It was Spencer.

"Aren't you going to get fired for calling me this many times on a case?" She asked.

"No I have permission." He answered, "I just needed to check on you again."

Audrey laughed, "Needed to check on me? You sound paranoid to leave me alone which is highly unusual."

"I just hate that I leave you alone so fast." He replied.

"Spencer, you're an agent and I understand that you have to be out of town majority of the time." She explained, "how's the case?"

"We had another body turn up less than an hour ago." Spencer answered, "that makes 3 victims."

"What were their ages, Spence?" She asked.

"35, 30, and 42." He answered.

"All female?"

"Yeah."

"Tell Garcia to run through the 3 victims and find out if their mothers and if they are divorced and/or have full custody of the children." She told him.

"What would that information do?" He asked.

"You'll thank me later." She answered, "now get to work."

She hung up and Spencer looked at the photos of the victims. Now that his sister mentioned it, the victims looked old enough to be mothers. He called Garcia.

"Ah Spencer what can I do for you?" She answered the phone.

"Garcia look into the 3 victims' information. Audrey gave me an idea that the since the ages of the victims were early 30's to mid 40's that they could mothers. Find out if they were divorced and if they ever had children or had custody of the children." Spencer explained.

"On it I will call back when I have answers." She replied and hung up.

Hotch and JJ walked in the room.

"Find anything?" JJ asked.

"We didn't think for a second that the victims could've been mothers." Spencer told them.

"What gave you that idea?" Hotch asked.

"Audrey did." He answered.

Garcia was calling back and Spencer put her on speaker as Morgan, Emily, and Rossi walked in.

"What did you find?" Spencer asked.

"I will say you're beautiful baby sister is a smart cookie. Turns out all 3 victims were mothers. Amy Gamble had a 10 year old son named Jacob. She divorced his father a few years ago and won full custody of Jacob as of a month after the divorce. Tessa Wilker had a 2 year old daughter named Maddison. She was having an affair with her husband and got divorced and took Maddison along with her. And finally, Jasmine Hazel had a 12 year old son Alexander and divorced about a year after he was born and had custody as well." She explained.

"Look up any males that had divorced parents and the mother would've won court numerous times against the father." Rossi said.

"Checking and. . . .William Dunning, 25 years old, his parents divorced when he was 7, and his mother was arrested for drugs and alcohol but she still won overall custody of him." She answered.

"What happened to the father?" Morgan asked.

"So Gabriel Dunning had no chance to visit Will at all and that lead to him having a very dark stage of depression and he died of an overdose just 2 weeks ago." She answered.

"That must've been his trigger." Emily said, "you have an address?"

"Sending the address to your devices now." Garcia replied.

"Thanks Garcia." JJ said and the rushed to the SUVs.