Chapter 12

Audrey slowly woke up from her slumber. She sat up on the couch while the blanket was wrapped around her like a cocoon. She wiggled out of the blanket and stood up from the couch. She walked to the kitchen and opened the cabinet.

"How are you feeling Audrey?" Spencer asked as him and JJ walked up to her.

"I have a headache." She answered grabbing the pain killers, "I'm going to take a hot bath to feel better."

"Do you need any help?" JJ asked.

"No I'm fine." She told them, "I'll be upstairs."

Audrey walked upstairs, leaving her brother extremely worried. She walked to the bathroom across the hall from her room and shut the door and locked it. She set the bottle of pills on the counter next to the sink and looked at herself in the mirror. She glared at her reflection; tired eyes, tangled and messed up hair, the giant bruise on her head, the cuts on her body, and the barbwire wounds around her wrists.

"You're pathetic." Austin's voice echoed in her head.

"Leave me alone." She mumbled.

"I should've killed you right then and there." His voice spoke, "you can't handle the pain you feel."

"You RAPED me." She growled.

"You refused to go with me that night." He chuckled, "I wanted you and you refused me."

"Go away, Austin." She snarled.

"Take the pills." He smirked.

Audrey glared at the pills next to her hand.

"Take the whole bottle. The whole world would be better without you anyway. Your brother will be able to go back to work instead of taking care of your PTSD ass." He chuckled.

"YOU were the cause of this you and you know it." She snarled back.

"Swallow the pills, Audrey." He spoke as he held a gun to her head, "I wanna watch you take them all like you have nothing left in the world. . . .which you don't."

Audrey quickly grabbed the bottle of pills and grabbed a cup from underneath the sink. She filled it up with water and sat on the floor with the bottle in her hands. She opened the bottle and poured all the pills into her mouth.

"Swallow." Austin told her.

Spencer and JJ were sitting in the living room. Spencer's leg was shaking with anxiety.

"I feel like I need to check on Audrey." He said as he stood up.

"Do you want me to come with you?" JJ asked, standing up.

"Yeah." He answered as he ran up the stairs.

They both stopped at the bathroom and Spencer knocked on the door.

"Audrey?" He called, "are you okay?"

There was no response. Spencer's heartbeat increased rapidly.

"Audrey can you hear us?" JJ asked.

There was still no response from Audrey. Spencer twisted the doorknob and noticed that it was locked.

"Audrey open the door." Spencer spoke, "Audrey?"

JJ kicked the door open and Spencer ran in.

His eyes widened, "AUDREY!"

He got on his knees and cupped Audrey's face, "Audrey! No, no, no, no!"

"Spencer. . . . ." JJ spoke holding up the bottle of pills.

Spencer looked up at her in fear.

"She took the whole bottle." She finished.

Spencer's eyes widened greatly and he shook Audrey.

"Audrey wake up!" He yelled.

JJ dialed 911 and left the room. Spencer felt her neck, hoping to feel a pulse. After moments of waiting to feel a beat of life, he felt a very weak pulse. Tears drenched Spencer's cheeks.

"Audrey no. . . .why?" He sobbed as he held her in his arms.

He held her tightly as tears soaked his cheeks endlessly, "I'm so sorry. . . ."