Chapter 11

Audrey was struggling against the barbwire around her wrists.The barbwire dug into her skin, making it more painful for Audrey to move.Tears fell from her eyes.

"Let me go!" She cried.

Austin came down the stairs and slapped her. He pulled her hair and yanked her to the side. He sat on her and pointed the gun to her head.

"Don't make a sound or I'll blow your fucking brains out!"

"No! Get off me!" She yelled sitting up and shaking in her bed.

She jumped up on her feet and bumped into her chestnut drawers. She held her shoulder in pain and leaned against her bed. Spencer and JJ rushed in.

"Audrey what happened?" He asked her worriedly.

Audrey stood up and stumbled towards him, "just hit my shoulder over a nightmare."

Spencer rolled up her short sleeve and saw a cut, "you cut it."

Audrey looked up at JJ, "JJ? What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to visit for awhile. . . .check up on you 2." She answered.

Audrey looked over at Spencer and saw him taking a knife to her shoulder. She started panicking.

"No, no, no! Don't cut me with that knife!" She yelled.

"Audrey it's a band-aid." He told her.

Audrey took a closer look and her vision cleared up to reveal a band-aid in his hand. She placed her hands over her face and started to shake.

"I-I'm turning into mom." She mumbled.

Spencer removed her hands from her face and cupped her cheeks, "Audrey, look at me. You're not turning into mom. You're just having a tough time healing from the event."

"Spence is right." JJ spoke, "You're just having a hard time and most victims do after this type of event."

Audrey looked away from Spencer, "I can't heal from what Austin did to me."

Spencer's jaw dropped; he never thought that Audrey would say that she couldn't be healed.

"Spencer don't leave me." She sobbed.

He wrapped his arms around her, "I'm not. I promise."

Audrey tightened her grip around Spencer. Spencer picked her up amd brought her to the living room. He laid her on the couch and JJ placed a blanket over her. They both then sat in the dining room.

"She seems so lost." JJ spoke.

"She's not the same." Spencer said, "the doctors said that she can't go to school until her PTSD fades away. But how does torture and rape fade away from the mind of a 17 year old?"

JJ frowned, "I couldn't give you an answer to that, Spencer."

Spencer leaned foward as if he was thinking. JJ caught on moments later.

"What are you thinking?" She asked.

"I'm just worried about her." He spoke, "I'm scared that I'll never get my joyful little sister back."

"Spence, we are going to help you and Audrey through this." JJ told him as she held his hands.

"Did we ever catch that son of a bitch?" He asked.

"Rossi, Hotch, and Emily cornered him by a lake. He's serving 5 years and is scheduled to be exucuted by injection." She answered, "he won't lay another hand on Audrey ever again."

Tears dripped from Spencer's eyes, "I hate seeing her like this. I never thought that she'd ever have to go through what I work with."

JJ hugged Spencer, "We'll get through this."