Chapter 3

Audrey drove home from school and parked her car in the garage. She walked in the house and put her bookbag and keys on the table. She sighed as she looked around. She walked upstairs and grabbed her hamper full of dirty clothes. She walked to the washer and dumped the clothes. 

She tossed a tide-pod in the washer and started it up. Suddenly, her phone started ringing. She pulled it out of her pocket and saw that it was her brother.

She answered, "hey. How's the case going?"

"Just getting started and finding out information from the family members or friends." He answered, "I was just calling to check up on you. See how was your day was and what you're doing."

Audrey picked up her bookbag and made her way to her room, "well I just put my laundry in the washer. Then when that's done I'll put yours in there. I am now going in my room to work on homework."

"How was school?" He asked.

"It was good. History test felt like a piece of cake. We get them back tomorrow. Oh! And I was chosen to present a poster about being an FBI agent to an elementary school on Friday." She answered.

Spencer smiled, "That's great!"

"Yeah and I was kind of hoping. . . ." She paused.

"That I would come and set as an example." He finished.

"Yeah." She smiled nervously, "but I know you're always busy and people's lives are more important than a silly old poster presentation."

"Hey tell you what. If I don't have a busy schedule on Friday I'll go, sound good?" 

"I just know how important your job is." She replied.

"I know, I know. But I'll be home soon, alright?"

"Okay Spence. I love you." 

"I love you too."

Spencer hung up his phone and put up more pictures of the victims and their murder photos. He looked at the map of Atlanta and held the marker to his chin as he thought.

"What are you thinking, Reid?" Morgan asked as he walked in the room.

"The first 2 dump sights are only 5 miles away from each other." He answered.

"So that means he's only traveling a little ways away from his location, right?" He asked.

"Not quite." He said, "the abduction sights were 10 miles out. He obviously has the patience to drive out."

"So you're saying there will soon be a pattern popping up between the abduction sights and dump sights."

"Yes." Spencer answered.

"How's Audrey?" Morgan asked.

"Doing fine as always when I'm not around. She was chosen to present an FBI poster at an elementary school and she was wondering if I could go with her." He answered.

"I'm sure you'll go." He replied with a smile, "can I ask you something?"

"Yeah go ahead."

"Do you ever have a fear of something happening to Audrey while you're away on a case?" He asked.

Spencer glanced at the ground and looked back at Morgan, "I've always had that fear. Audrey, my little sister, is everything to me. I call her before I do anything so I know how she's doing and what she's doing. If anything ever happened to her, I'd be a wreck."

Morgan patted his back, "you're a good big brother, kid."

Morgan walked away and Spencer went back to studying the map. But also thinking of Audrey and hoping that she was safe.