Chapter 4

Pssst, Sugarcube." Tikki sleepily opened one eye before being startled by two piercing green eyes staring back at her.

"Plagg!" She almost shouted before Plagg put both his paws over her mouth and then pointed towards the skylight. The two Kwamis looked at the sleeping Marinette, who had indeed made her way into bed, before phasing through the hatch.

"Plagg, what are you doing here, it's like 2AM. Has something happened?" Plagg nodded.

"Yes something happened, my kitten has been bitten by your Lovebug." Tikki stared at Plagg for a moment like he had two heads.

"What are you talking about? Chat Noir has been in love with Ladybug for years. He's never kept his feelings a secret, surely you more than anyone should be aware of that." Plagg let out a loud groan and rolled his eyes.

"Not Chat Noir, I mean as model boy...for your Pigtails." He said, waving his paws around. "He's falling for the girl behind the mask and it's hit him hard." Plagg was surprised when Tikki started laughing.

"Oh Plagg, I didn't know you cared." Tikki cooed. Plagg folded his paws and flipped his tail around.

"I don't...well, kind of." He let out a long breath. "Look, he's been moping and pining after Ladybug for so long I'm just not sure I can take much more of his belly aching, it's putting me off my Camembert." Tikki raised an eyebrow at him. "Almost." He added, plopping himself on the deck chair, still whipping his tail around in annoyance. Tikki sat beside him and started to scratch him behind the ears. Plagg tried to ignore how good it felt, but gave up and began to purr, closing his eyes and sinking into the chair.

"You silly stinky sock. You know my girl has been in love with your kitten since the start. So what's the problem."

"I know that." Plagg said trying to be annoyed, but finding it difficult. Those scratches really did feel good. "The problem is he doesn't know that. He's so used to being rejected by Ladybug, he assumes Pigtails will do the same. You don't see the other side of him like I do Tikki. She needs to tell him the truth." Tikki shook her head.

"You know she'll never do that. She's just as scared as he is about her feelings." Plagg growled. "I understand it's frustrating, and I know if they knew the truth it would be so much easier, but you know we can't interfere in this. It's something they have to learn for themselves when the time is right."

"Then we need them to keep spending time together. Maybe you can convince her to bring some food to his photoshoot tomorrow? You know her sweet stuff always makes him happy." Tikki shook her head again.

"She's helping her parents at a catering event at the Bourgeois hotel tomorrow." Plagg narrowed his eyes and started flipping his tail again. He knew his bad luck rubbed off on to his kittens, but this is getting beyond ironic. He was well and truly sick of seeing these two idiots dance around each other and watching his kitten get his heart broken. Plagg was convinced that the more time they spent together, the more they would really start to see each other.

"Don't worry Sugarcube, I think I might have an idea." He said mischievously, getting up and giving Tikki a low bow. "Got to go, talk later."

"But Plagg..." She called out, but in a black flash, he was gone. "Darn that cat."

The next morning, Adrien was sitting in his trailer having his hair and make up retouched. The first set of photos had felt like a breeze with Lila not being there. Despite the lack of sleep he got, he felt quite energetic and almost enjoyed the shoot. Vincent worked quickly, taking advantage of the early morning quiet. All through the shoot Adrien's mind had kept drifting back to the night before, the warmth of Marinette as she slept next to him, the smell of her hair, the peaceful beauty of her face as she dreamt. He had to refrain himself from letting out a sigh, instead his stomach choosing that moment to rumble loudly.