Chapter 17

An alarm softly chirped near Adrien's head. When it stopped, he felt a warm breath by his ear. "Happy birthday Kitty." Marinette whispered. Adrien pulled his arms tighter around her, snuggling his head into her neck. He was in between that state where you can't be sure if you're dreaming or not, but if he was dreaming, he wasn't ready to wake yet. Marinette giggled and kissed him on his hair. "I have to go."

"Stay." He whispered, kissing her neck. "I don't want you to go."

"Neither do I, but I have to." She replied, making gentle circles in his scalp behind where his cat ears would be. "I'm not supposed to be here though, remember. Besides, I'm helping papa make your cake this morning." She could feel him grinning.

"Well, I guess for the sake of cake I guess I can let you go, as long as it's chocolate."

"Of course minou." She said, but before she could get up, Adrien rolled over onto his arms above her, locking her in place.

"But you have to pay the toll first." He said with a mischievous grin. Marinette's eyes sparkled in the dim morning glow as she ran her hands up his bare chest and laced her fingers behind his head.

"And what might that be?" Adrien pretended to be thinking about it.

"Three kisses should do it." Marinette bit her bottom lip as she regarded his face. He might have been trying to tease her, but right now he felt as though he was the one being teased and it was taking all his will power not to kiss her senseless himself.

Marinette slid one hand back to gently cup his cheek before planting a soft kiss there. "One." She whispered before moving to his jawline. "Two." She said breathlessly, feeling him shiver under her touch. "Three." She murmured against his lips, running her fingers through his hair in their passionate embrace.

"Keep this up m'lady and you're going to be trapped in this bed permanently." Adrien said as he kissed her nose.

"Then you won't get any cake." She giggled at his pout and could picture his cat ears would have been flat to his head.

"Fine." He conceded, blowing raspberries into her belly to make her giggle before rolling over her so she could get up.

"Tikki, ready to go." Marinette asked.

"Sure thing." Her kwami replied. "Stinky Sock over there is in a cheese coma and his purring is keeping me awake anyway." Adrien grabbed his glasses from his nightstand to see Plagg sound asleep on his back with his back feet in the air, his tail twitching in his sleep. Rolling out of bed, he slipped his boxers on as his girlfriend transformed. Adrien opened the window for her before placing his hands on her waist and pulling her closer to him.

"I can't wait for the day we won't have to say goodbye like this." He said, gently curling his finger under her chin and running his thumb across her bottom lip. "I love you Marientte, so much."

"I love you too." She stretched up onto her toes and they shared a soft kiss. "I'll see you in a few hours." Adrien stood at the window and watched as the love of his life soared over the rooftops. Turning around he saw Plagg's foot twitching in his sleep.

"Mmmm, sweet camembert." He mumbled. Adrien had to stifle a giggle. Sometimes he really wished kwami's could be filmed so he could have shown Marinette.

Adrien let out a happy sigh as he flopped back onto his bed. Opening the drawer beside him, he took out the small box that held the ring that Lottie had given him. Was it wrong to want all these things now? He knew they were only young, and people have their own ideas about when the right time to make lifelong commitments should be, but he felt a deep desire to make sure she was his. Adrien knew that was a bit irrational, after all, she is his Ladybug. It wasn't like she was going anywhere, but as far as he was concerned the day he had accepted his Miraculous he had already made a lifelong commitment. Perhaps he could blame Plagg for feeling like a possessive kitty, but the idea of just living together for years didn't really appeal to him, especially if it was going to be more than just the two of them. He wanted that piece of paper and the ring on her finger. He wanted her to have his name, to introduce her as Mrs Agreste.