Chapter 6

Adrien raced down the school stairs towards the parked limousine on the curb. "Hey Chloé, wait up." He called. The blonde socialite spun around with a beaming smile.

"Adrikins! I've hardly seen you all day." She practically jumped on him as she flung her arms around his neck in a hug. "Have you got the afternoon off? You must come up and see these new shoes I bought yesterday, they are absolutely divine..."

"Thanks Chloé, but I'm actually doing something this afternoon and I need your advice." Chloé was practically preening, linking her fingers around his neck.

"Oh course Adrihoney. What do you need?" Adrien pulled her arms off from around him, but kept hold of her hands.

"I'm going over to see Marinette. She was away sick today, you know with girl stuff, and I've got some class notes for her." Chloé narrowed her eyes at him.

"Okay, so?" Adrien took a deep breath. He knew Chloé wasn't on the most friendly terms with Marinette, but he really hoped she could just set that aside for the moment.

"I want to take her something nice, something to brighten up her day and make her feel better." Chloé folded her arms and raised an eyebrow at him. Adrien started to rub the back of his neck. "I just don't know what would be the right thing to take without being over the top or awkward." He looked up at Chloé who was staring at him with a confused look. "I just thought you might..."

"You like Dupain-Cheng don't you?" She said very matter of fact. Adrien didn't say anything, but the fierce blush running across his face was answer enough for her. Chloé unfolded her arms, throwing them up in the air and rolled her eyes. "Ugh, I should have known you'd fall for clumsynette." Adrien started to panic.

"Please Chloé, don't say anything to anyone. I'm still trying to figure this all out myself and I just want to do this my way. I want to try and be a better friend first before scaring her off with my feelings." Chloé had to refrain from bursting out laughing. He clearly still didn't see how smitten Marinette has been with him all these years. The socialite let out a sigh with a smile and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Adrien, you're an adorable idiot but because I love you I'll help you out." Adrien wasn't sure if he should take that as a compliment or an insult. "I suppose it could have been worse, you could have fallen for Lila's crap, I mean charms." Adrien practically gagged.

"Come on Chloé, give me a little more credit than that." Chloé just smirked with a twinkle in her eye. He was just too easy to tease sometimes.

"Alright, I'm sorry." She put her hands up in defences. "Honestly, you can't go wrong with flowers. They are a sure fire way to cheer any girl up without saying too much or being weird."

"So roses then?" He asked tentatively. He didn't know much about flowers, but he knew roses were always well received. Well, except when he tried to give them to Ladybug. Chloé tapped her finger on her chin.

"Sure, roses are always classic. Not red ones though. They represent passion and romance so that would seem too much for now. Save that for later." She winked at him, turning his face flushed again. " Hmmm, and not yellow either." Adrien frowned.

"But you like yellow roses, I buy them for you when you're sick." Chloé flicked her ponytail back.

"Of course you do, they are my favourite after all, but they also mean friendship and I'm betting you are hoping for more than that with Dupain-Cheng?" Adrien pinched his nose with his fingers.

"Can you stop just saying her last name like she's some kind of race horse or something?" He looked at her with exasperation, before softening his face. "And yes,you're right. I would like more than friends, but when the time is right. I don't want to blow this Chloé." Chloé's lips curled up into a smile.