Chapter 31

Marinette scurried over, or perhaps more accurately waddled over, to where her husband was standing with his father and Felix in the gardens at Château Roseraie. She had three fresh cut red rose corsages for the lapels on their sharp black suits. Adrien's eyes lit up at the sight of her in her soft pink empire cut bridesmaid dress she had made especially for the occasion. It was the perfect dress for a hot June day, and hugged her large bump in all the right places. As she approached where the men were standing, Adrien stepped towards her with that soft smile on his face he just kept for her. His leg had healed well after the Lila confrontation, the final reminder of almost losing him finally gone. Adrien held her hand, raising it to his lips and kissed her gently on the knuckles.

"You know you shouldn't be looking this beautiful Princess, it isn't fair to the bride." He looked all together too smug about the blush now spreading across her cheeks because he knew he could still do that to her. Adrien hoped she always would, because pink was quickly becoming his new favourite colour on her. He chuckled at her as he let go of her hand so she could walk over to Gabriel.

"Lottie wanted me to apologise for these being so late. They came out of her special batch from on the other side of the estate." She said as she passed out the corsages and began attaching Adrien's to his jacket.

"How is Nathalie?" Gabriel asked. He was showing his poker face as usual, but Marinette could hear a hint of nervousness in his voice.

"Beautiful." Marinette said with a wide smile. "Spencer did an amazing job on your design."

"I expected no less." He said, straightening his tie. Adrien shared a side eye with Felix as Marinette fixed his father's corsage.

"Marinette, what are you doing over here? Shouldn't you be helping Nathalie?" A high pitched voice dressed in yellow called out from behind. "I'll sort this out." Chloé promptly snatched Felix's corsage out of his hand and started pinning it to his lapel.

"You can admit it baby cakes, you just can't keep your hands off me." Felix said with a smug look. Adrien and Marinette started giggling and Gabriel rolled his eyes.

"I told you not to call me that in front of other people." Chloé said between gritted teeth.

"Would you prefer what I was calling you last night?" Felix quipped, delighting in Chloé's offended face.

"How about I stick this corsage where the sun don't shine?" She threatened, narrowing her eyes as she stood nose to nose with him. Felix leaned in and suddenly grabbed her shoulders and planted a very loud kiss on her pouty lips.

"Whatever you say baby cakes." He said, sending her a wink before following Gabriel to the decorated Gazebo. Chloé folded her arms and shook her head.

"Sometimes I just don't know what to do with him." She bemoaned.

"I think you're the only one that could possibly figure that out." Adrien said, slinging an arm over her shoulder. "It would certainly be the wedding of the year." Chloé flushed almost bright red.

"Don't even go there Adrikins. I'm in no way ready to be a waddling whale any time soon. No offence." She added towards Marinette.

"None taken." Marinette said with a shrug as Chloé headed back off to the seating area. Chloé would always be Chloé, and somehow Marinette kind of wishes that she always would be.

Adrien offered Marinette his arm to walk her back to the Chateau where Lottie was helping Nathalie get ready. Along the pathways, the afternoon sun danced on the lake, sparkling like diamonds behind the full blooms that filled the air with their heady scent. Adrien brought up his other hand to pat hers on his arm.