CHAPTER SIX:

Blood. Screams. The glare of a red lightsaber, and then nothing but the dark.

Opal shot up at the waist, fingers twisted into the gold silk sheets of her bed as she attempted to control her labored breathing. Her body trembled so hard that she felt it raging in her temples like the pierce of an incoming headache, but no matter what she tried, the memories of her parents murder would not disappear. Overwhelmed by her fear, Opal found herself calling out the first name that came to mind. "O-Obi Wan!"

Obi Wan rushed out of his chambers at the desperate cry of her name. He'd neglected to put on appropriate attire before coming in to meet her, which left him in nothing but loose hanging sweatpants that clung to the V of his hips. His brow furrowed in concern at the petrified woman on the bed. "Opal?" He asked. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," She deflected. It was natural, given that he was what she had been deprived of her entire life. Security, safety.. home. "It was just a nightmare. A bad one."

Obi Wan shook his head. "If it was nothing, you wouldn't have called my name. The Jedi Code doesn't matter right now." He threw back the blanket and crawled into the empty space in her bed, wrapping an arm around her waist before settling into the mattress. Obi knew he shouldn't have been doing this. Getting into bed with her meant succumbing to his attachments, to his feelings for her, and once he acknowledged those.. He'd be too far gone.

To distract himself, he pulled her into the curve of his body and hid his face in her hair.

"Opal-"

Opal turned herself around so they were eye to eye. It didn't go unnoticed how he trembled when she lifted her hand to trace the features of his face, or the way he shuddered when her fingers came in contact with his lips. It was too sensational, too close - "When I say you're beautiful, I really do mean it." She whispered. "You're magnificent. Let me show you." Opal cupped his face in her hands, ignoring the burn of his beard as she leaned in just close enough to fan her breath across his face. "Don't speak. Just breathe."

Obi Wan inhaled deeply through his nose as she leaned forward and slanted her mouth against his in what was the softest embrace he'd ever experienced in his life. His brain was screaming at him to stop all of this, to get out of this bed and leave her to her demons and to not fall in love with her any more then he already had. His heart, however, was joyously cheering at his accomplishment of finally succumbing to his hearts desire.

Opal pulled away just as Obi Wan had begun to reciprocate the kiss but was stopped by his strong grasp on her hips that reigned her back in.

Her head spun as his hands began to wander underneath her shirt, tracing circles on her stomach as he became intimately familiar with her mouth. Obi Wan kissed the same way he did everything else. Soft, passionate, warm, alive. A pleased hum rumbled in the back of her throat as he pulled away and began leaving warm kisses on the column of her neck, brushing her hair onto her pillow for better access. "I can't tell you-" He murmured between kisses before Opal dragged his face back up so they were eye to eye. "How long I've wanted us to do that."

"You could've made a move first, y'know." She replied coyly, grinning as she leaned forward to nuzzle her nose with his. Opal ran her fingers through his hair as Obi buried his face in her neck, clearly embarrassed by the lack of initiative, just before he eased himself back into sleep. Her fingers carded through his hair, over and over again, until his breathing was deep and even. "I can't tell you how long I've been in love with you, wonderful man."

***

Over the course of the following years, Anakin Skywalker grew.

With his growth came the maturity and the keen eyes that very clearly sensed the budding relationship between his two Masters, both of which seemed to openly ignore their feelings for the other. He could see the adoration, the pure joy she took from being around him and Obi Wan.