CHAPTER EIGHT: ATTACK OF THE CLONES

When Anakin awoke that next morning, he pulled on his robes and brushed his hair before tiptoeing into the living room of their joint quarters his Masters often occupied together. His baby blue eyes widened when he saw Opal and Obi-Wan on the sofa, Opal curled up against Obi Wan as they slept peacefully. The table was littered in plates with scraps of food left on them and a half empty bottle of wine.

He couldn't believe that they wouldn't confess their love for each other. After witnessing it for himself all these years later, he knew how Obi-Wan felt about Opal. They were so dedicated to the Jedi Order that they refused to admit it to each other. It was truly devastating to see them so close but so far apart. "Uh, Masters?"

Opal nearly jumped out of her skin at the sound of his voice, but managed to slowly stir on top of Obi Wan as her eyes adjusted to the light pouring into their quarters. Anakin was kneeling in front of them with a devious grin on his face. "Good morning Anakin," She murmured, yawning as she twisted her body to get out of Obi-Wans strong grasps. "It's awfully early."

Anakin snorted under his breath as his eyes flitted over to the holo above the fireplace. "It's nearly noon." He replied, tilting his head as she stood and ran a hand through her hair. "You look like you've been up all night." Opal nodded and knelt down beside Obi-Wan, running her fingers through his hair and pressing a kiss to his temple lightly. "Aren't you going to wake him up?"

"He needs his sleep. We were up all night talking." She turned towards him and forced a smile. "Look, I'm sorry for slapping you the other day. My parents really were good people-"

"No, please don't apologize." He interjected. "It was my fault entirely. I was out of line, and it won't happen again."

"I love you like my brother, you idiot.'' Opal retorted, grinning as she vanished into her room to change into clean robes. "You know I would never wish harm on you." Her eyes became glossy as she drew the lightsaber he'd discovered yesterday from her dresser and clipped it to her belt. "Now, if you're still here when he wakes up, tell him I went to speak to the Council. I should do it alone."

"Hey Opal." He called out. She turned to him with a curious expression and smiled widely from ear to ear. "I love you too." It was true. She was the closest thing he ever had to a sister in the years together, and he loved her with a different love then what he felt for Padme.

The Jedi Council Chamber was vacant when she arrived, other then Master Yoda who seemed to be meditating on a certain conflict that had arisen. "I'm sorry Master," She blurted out, oblivious to her former Master Windu entering the room behind her. "I didn't mean to disturb you."

Yoda shook his head and opened his eyes, raising his head to look at the woman in front of him. He was incredibly proud of the progress she had made since she was a child and was proud to have been one of the people who taught her what she knew. "Sense news in you, I do." He said softly, inviting Mace Windu to sit beside him. "Pain there was in you, still lingering. Say what you must."

Her previous Masters eyes widened as she unclipped the lightsaber and pressed the button, the weapon exploding in red light. "Where did you get that, Opal?" Mace spoke, his voice laced with anger. "Have you been-"

"Oh, come on." She deadpanned. "You know me better then that, Master Windu. I was not covering my Jedi status by working with the Sith, but I went to my family apartment yesterday and found that my father was the one who had been working with the Sith. From what I understand, he was just beneath Lord Sidious. I have reason to believe he might still be alive."

"Parker, the one who sat on our Council, was working with the Sith?" He growled, tucking the saber underneath his chair. "How did we not sense this, Master Yoda? Corrupt, this Council was." Corrupt, this Council is.