CHAPTER THIRTEEN:

[OPALWAN: THINGS THEY DO TOGETHER]
-------
Cuddling- Pre Episode 3
Opal knew something was wrong the second he entered the room with anger evident in fiery blue eyes, his hands clenched in fists and tear stains evident on his cheeks. She had been in the middle of reading on her parents lives from the journals she'd obtained when Obi Wan had come home from the Temple. "What's wrong sweetheart?" She called out, snapping the journal shut and standing from the sofa.

"Your-our Padawan can be so incompetent sometimes." He growled, gripping the edge of his hair angrily. She hadn't seen him this angry since Anakin had nearly decapitated him during a sparring match several years before. "He's so arrogant, Opal. Always thinking he is so high and mighty with that stupid god complex of his-"

She took several large strides towards him, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling herself up against his body. He immediately relaxed in her arms, his fingers raking through her hair as she hushed him with whispered words of affirmation. "You can't let your anger get the best of you, my love." Opal whispered, cupping his face in her hands as she kissed him sweetly. "C'mon. I have the perfect cure for you."

Obi Wan followed willingly as she lead him back into their bedroom, allowing her to crawl onto the mattress before she opened her arms and beckoned him to her. When he came home upset or troubled, he wanted to be held. Held by someone who cherished and uplifted him. It was as simple as that.

Fun fact: Obi Wan Kenobi is a cuddler. You have to keep it a secret because it'll ruin his ego if Anakin finds out.

The male Jedi curled up in the fetal position, his head resting against Opal's chest as she hummed beneath her breath and played with his strawberry blonde hair. He had put up with so much torment from The Council, pestering him with questions about their relationship and their experiences training Anakin, along with the daily trials of being a Master and dealing with an equally obnoxious Padawan.

"Thank you sweetheart.'' He whispered in the silence, his chest rising and falling with each breath as his breathing began to even out. Opal smiled and pressed her face into his hair as she traced circles on the fabric of his shirt to lull him to sleep. "I love you."

"I love you too." She murmured. Obi Wan twisted his body around so his head was now resting on her stomach, his arm subconsciously wrapping around her waist as his body gave in to the safety of her arms. "Now go to sleep."

Dance With Me, Opal Harmony

Opal had no idea what Obi Wan was planning in his head. She did know, however, that whatever it was had been subduing his brain all morning and drawing him off focus. "Open-" A grunt followed by hysterical giggling followed. "Your eyes, Obi Wan!"

The male Jedi was pinned to the floor, struggling to free himself from her grasps as Opal pressed her foot against his chest. His pupils dilated as she bent down and grinned wickedly at him, clucking her tongue out of disappointment. "You really shouldn't do that you know-" She let out a shriek as he easily countered her move, their positions changed as he hovered above her, hands pinned to the floor over her head. "It might just backfire on you."

She was thrilled as he dipped his head down, pressing a short kiss to her lips before pulling away and collapsing on the mats beside her. "I like training with you." Opal panted, wiping sweat from her brow with the back of her hand. "Makes for a story of how I totally kicked your butt to tell Anakin later."

Obi Wan snorted. "In your dreams, Opaline." The two of them looked up to see a young padawan several years Anakin's junior run into the room, lightsaber bouncing off of his hip as he ran. "What is wrong, young one?"

The boys grey eyes flicked in between the two of them before he ran a hand through his blonde hair and began to speak. "Master Windu has asked for you, Master Kenobi." Opal raised an eyebrow, struggling to remember where she'd seen the boy before. "Master Stone was not included."

Obi Wan stood, extending his hand and turning away from the younger boy to look at her. "I will see you tonight," He whispered. When she noticed his eyes shift towards her lips, she shook her head and merely smile at the older Jedi. "Will you wear that white dress Padme gave you?"

The same dress he nearly fainted every time she wore it, because there just so happened to be absolutely no back. You naughty, naughty man. "If you promise to be nice to the Council." She retorted, grinning as he nodded in response and fled from the room. "You ridiculously impossible man."

Several hours later

Opal popped scarlet shade lips in the mirror, carefully separating each individual curl hanging loosely around her face before turning towards the bed where a glimmering white and gold dress laid sprawled amongst the bedsheets. Padme had grown out of it and delivered it as a gift nearly a year ago when she and Obi Wan had moved in together.

It was the most beautiful thing she owned.

Obi Wan entered his apartment growling under his breath, anxiously awaiting his prized jewel to leave their bedroom. His jaw dropped clear down to the ground when Opal appeared from the hallway with the looks of an angel. She was purely breathtaking. "Is it too much?" She cried out, dusting off the white gown before turning to the mirror that hung on the wall to inspect herself. "I'll go and change-"

"No, no. Please don't." He pleaded, holding his hands out in front of them and shaking repeatedly. "It's-You look like an angel. I just can't believe you are real."

​​​​Opal quirked an eyebrow and bent down beside the glass coffee table as Obi Wan then crossed the room, her hands plucking up a glass of his favorite wine. A soft, sultry piano melody accompanied by the clash of cello and violin filtered through the apartment as Obi Wan outstretched his hand. "You, wine, and music?" She mused, standing to her feet and winking. "That's very classy, Obi Wan."

"I'm a classy man." He replied. Obi Wan extended his hand. "Will you dance with me?"

Her red lips parted in the brilliant smile he adored so much as her arms wrapped around his neck, her breaths on his ear causing the hairs at his nape to stand at attention. Obi Wan's breathing hitched as his fingers curled around her waist, the tips of his hands ghosting over the soft flesh of Opals exposed skin. He'd never get used to being allowed intimacy with someone else.

Opal felt her knees weaken as he pulled her even closer, his beard scratching her skin as the two of them slowly swayed in the middle of the living room.

I'll see you in the future when we're older
And we are full of stories to be told

She had been raised in a family who absolutely adored her. Since losing her parents, Opal had struggled to find her reason for waking up every morning. To find her sense of purpose. The second she walked into the training room at 10 years old and met those stunning blue eyes, Opaline Stone knew Obi Wan Kenobi would change her life forever.

Cross my heart and hope to die
I'll see you with your laughter lines

Growing up without parents was hard. Living and training a child with a man she adored, when she wasn't supposed to love at all, was the most difficult thing she had ever done. Being rejected the first time around because of his dedication to the Jedi Order was heartbreaking, but looking back on it, it didn't matter. Waiting to be his was worth it.

"Have I ever told you what my real name is?" He whispered, his face still hidden in the junction of her neck as they danced. When Opal shook her head, he carefully moved his hands to the middle of her back, tracing circles on the soft skin. "Ben. My real name is Ben Kenobi."

Opal pulled back and allowed her hands to slide up the sides of his neck to play with the hair at the nape of his neck. "Ben." She murmured in awe, her gaze fixed on his lips. "I love it. Sounds exactly like you." The two of them danced in a comfortable silence for a moment before she spoke up again. "Why are you telling me this?"

Anakin leaned against the railing of the balcony and grinned when his master pulled a elegant velvet red box from his robes. "I want to propose to Opal, Anakin.. Which is why I wanted to talk to you in private. Did you propose to Padme?"

"Look at you." The Knight mused, lightly slapping the older man on the shoulder. "I was so worried about what to say, where I said it, and what I did. Padme was thrilled when I was just myself." Anakin's pale blue eyes slid to the two women inside the apartment whom he cared about deeply, both of them grinning and laughing as they caught up. "Be yourself, Master. Opal doesn't want anything more then a proposal from the man she loves."

"I've been thinking a lot recently." Opal's heartbeat accelerated as Obi Wan pulled away and dug through his robes, positioning himself on one knee. "I know you've been afraid of The Council finding out about our relationship, but I don't care what they think. Even if I was expelled from the Jedi Order, I would still have you. Just like I always have."

Tears sprung to her eyes as he opened the red velvet box with trembling hands to reveal the most extravagant engagement ring she'd ever seen in her entire life. "Oh, Obi Wan-"

His face was scarlet and his hands wouldn't stop trembling, but he never tore his eyes from hers despite that.

"I've met a lot of people. I've been around many women in The Order, but none of them compare to you." He began. "You are a hurricane. An enigma I've spent years trying to unravel. Courageous, humble, brilliant, scared, but ever faithful. You could've discarded Anakin before we ever began training him, but you didn't. No matter what he does, or how arrogant he is, you've never quit teaching Anakin. You kept going and persevered. When we met, all those years ago, I was so sure that I would never fall in love. Then you waltzed into my life and shattered those walls that being a Jedi gave me. You stole my heart with those first words of your name. Opaline Harmony Stone, I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

All these years later, hopelessly in love with the one woman in the galaxy who didn't deserve it, and Obi Wan Kenobi was still her definition of a perfect man. "I wouldn't want anything else." She blubbered, dabbing at her eyes with a tissue. "Yes, Obi Wan. I'll marry you."

Her heart ached at the lopsided grin he flashed her. Obi Wan swept her off her feet and spun them around the room, joyful laughter echoing in the air. Nothing could take away his happiness over finally being able to marry the love of his life. "I love you.'' He confessed, lightly poking her nose. Opal had never seen such clear adoration.

"I said we'd be together forever. When I said forever, I wasn't exaggerating. My dreams consist of you and I, free from the Jedi Order, an unbreakable bond facing the galaxy. It's you, Ben. There's no one else." Her gaze softened as she cupped his face in her hands, and he leaned into her touch. "It's always been you."