PREVIEW: BOOK TWO

It's like in the great stories

The ones that really mattered

Full of darkness and danger they were

And sometimes you don't want to know the end

Emma would spend most of her nights with that incredibly whiny, handsome, impossible boy named Luke Skywalker deep inside the confines of her home, curled up in his arms as they slept the night away. Emma Kenobi was a girl built from fire and brimstone, with eyes that reflected stars and a heart made of gold. She remembered nights where she would trace the outlines of Luke's peaceful face, her fingers falling in love with the laughter lines growing around his mouth.

She had grown up knowing the ancient stories of The Jedi and the downfall of Anakin Skywalker. She'd grown up knowing Luke's real heritage and the secret it remained. The thought of him never knowing the truth of the legacy that lived on through him broke her heart. Her mother had been adamant that these stories remain secret, as had her father. Obi-Wan took Emma into the desert near a cluster of caves where they often trained in saber combat and after all was said and done, he told her stories of the Old Republic and the Skywalker/Kenobi family. There was always fondness in his eyes when he spoke of his past.

There was also sadness too.

"Em, you've got that far away look in your eyes." Luke murmured. Emma had been incredibly distant since her mother had taken ill. Obi-Wan seemed certain that Opal would not last, and the thought of losing her mother at such an early age in life terrified her to her core. "Hey you. Don't shut me out. Not me."

But she did.

That night, Emma Kenobi kissed Luke's forehead and flashed him a sad smile before disappearing into the dunes and making her way towards the only home she'd ever known. Joy rang through The Force when Opal made a miraculous recovery and her parents continued to train her in the art of the Jedi. Her father exhibited a grace with his blade she had not thought possible, and her mother's mind constantly stunned her. They were a deadly pair to defeat.

The longer that the Skywalker/Kenobi pair spent apart, the more they forgot about the other. Emma became nothing but a distant memory to Luke. With bright eyes like her father and the smile that melted his heart, she seemed more like a dream then someone he had known. Luke, however, Luke was her craving and her desperation. Luke was everything Emma wanted.

He was unforgettable. Just like his father.

All it took was a sunny day on Tatooine, a reunion between a couple of droids, and a whole lot of lies to reunite the now 18 year old Emma Kenobi with the boy who forgot.