Chapter Two

Percy's POV:

It took about an hour in order for us to get all of Annabeth's things down to my apartment. Now the question was where to put things, specifically her books. "Okay, so I have the spare bedroom, but it's currently acting as an office. We can move the desk into my room, and then we'll just have to figure out getting you a bed and a bookshelf, you definitely need a bookshelf."

Annabeth shook her head and glanced around, seeming to take in the space. "I'll look for a storage unit and throw all the stuff in there for now. I can sleep on the couch, also. I don't want to completely mess up your space."

I grabbed her arms, trying to reassure her. "I can't remember the last time I set foot in the spare bedroom. We'll move the desk into my room and that room will be yours as long as you want or need it, okay?"

Annabeth looked as if she was going to protest. Her lips were pressed into a thin line as she seemed to think, but eventually she just nodded. "Thank you."

I smiled and gestured toward the spare bedroom. I walked in and saw my familiar wooden desk in the middle of the room. I cleaned up the paperwork I'd been looking over for my father earlier in the day and shoved them into drawers. I definitely couldn't get the desk by myself, so I looked toward Annabeth who was standing in the doorway. "Could you help me bring it to my room?" 

"Of course," She replied, moving to the other side of the desk and lifting it upwards. Again, she impressed me with her strength. We moved the desk into the bedroom next to what was now Annabeth's and set it in the corner of the room. 

I felt my cheeks suddenly flush red as I looked around my room. My bed was unmade, and clothes were scattered around my floor, and that's not even mentioning the wrappers which were covering my nightstand. The hardest kicker was the Finding Nemo stuffed animal on my bed that Annabeth immediately picked up to study.

"Finding Nemo?" She questioned as she tilted her head to the side and grinned at me.

"Don't judge my little sister gave it to me." 

Annabeth jumped backwards to sit on my bed, still holding the Nemo plush. "I wasn't judging, I think it's adorable that a twenty-two-year-old boy has a Finding Nemo stuffed animal." 

"Yeah, right." I said. "Now hand it over." I reached out my hand, expecting Annabeth to hand it back to me, but she just shook her head and hugged the Nemo closer to her chest.

I walked over to Annabeth and tried to reach for the stuffed animal to grab it, but she dodged my attempt and scooted backward on the bed. Somehow, we ended up wrestling for the thing while laughing our heads off. We both fought over the toy until I pulled the dirtiest trick in the book; I tickled her side causing Annabeth to lose her grip. 

Annabeth laid down beside me. "Has anyone told you that tickling is against the rules?" She turned toward me, and I did the same. "It's straight up illegal."

I laughed and looked into her gray eyes. How hadn't I realized how strikingly beautiful her eyes were before now? Maybe it was the shield that Annabeth had seemingly let go of, but part of me thought I'd just never really looked at her before. 

I hated how much I wanted to pull her into me and kiss her. Annabeth was my roommate now, and I knew I shouldn't do anything to jeopardize our new friendship. I didn't need to make things weird between us. A part of me wondered if Annabeth was thinking the same thing as she gazed at me, but I found that to be unlikely. 

Finally, after sitting in comfortable silence for a couple minutes, I nudged her and got up. "Come on, Wise Girl. We have to figure out getting you a bed to sleep in."

"Wise Girl?" Annabeth rose her eyebrows at me but still got up to follow. 

"You heard me, didn't you?" I teased. "I think Wise Girl is a valid nickname for you. It seems to fit your general vibe." 

Annabeth grabbed the Nemo plush again and threw it at me. "Fine, but if I get a nickname so do you, Seaweed Brain."

I put my hand over my heart in mock offense. "At least my nickname was nice, yours is just rude." 

Annabeth laughed and we both walked out to the living room to go. We hopped into my car and I drove us to the only furniture store I knew of nearby-aside from Crusty's Water Bed Palace which was where I had one of the worst experiences of my life.
The store was quiet with only a handful of customers roaming around it, but Annabeth seemed to be in her element as she analyzed each piece of furniture. I followed her around and noticed the different things she seemed to take notice to. Annabeth's taste in furniture seemed simplistic enough, but I could tell that she was interested in small details on the different pieces.
Even though Annabeth was seemingly looking over every inch of every bedroom set we looked at, she had picked out and bought a bedroom set in less than an hour. She'd picked a white bedroom set with a desk and then bought two additional bookshelves to match. This seemed like part of Annabeth's element, and I wondered if she'd been involved in putting together designs for more than just buildings before.

"When did they say they would be delivering it?" I asked as she walked back towards me from the sales counter. 

"Tomorrow was the soonest that they could," Annabeth said as we walked back out to my car. "Are you okay with me crashing on the couch, just for tonight?"

"Yeah, that's definitely not happening," I responded. "You can stay in my room for tonight, I'll take the couch."

"No way. You've done enough for me Percy." 

I rolled my eyes at her frown. "Annabeth, there's no way I'm going to let you sleep on the couch, my mom would kill me. Do you want me dead?"

I saw Annabeth trying to hold back a grin. "You're such a little momma's boy." Annabeth joked before continuing our argument. "I don't care if it violates your BS politeness rules or not; I'm not stealing your bed."

"Either you sleep in it, or I'll sleep on the living room floor."

"You're such a stubborn little pain," She groaned, shaking her head. 

"I think you'll live because my stubborn butt is letting your stubborn butt live with me." I smiled in triumph, but Annabeth only scowled at me.

"Anywhere else we need to go before we get headed back home?" Annabeth asked as we pulled out of the parking lot. 

"Not that I can think of, but I was thinking at stopping at the mall. Pretzel bites sound really good right now." I laughed.

Annabeth shrugged. "To the mall it is, Seaweed Brain."