Chapter Six

Percy's POV:

Estelle seemed to have taken a liking to Annabeth almost immediately. I couldn't help but smile when I saw Estelle drag a confused Annabeth into her room to help her pack things to go to our apartment. Estelle and Annabeth got along even better when we were trying to decide movie treats at the store. "Estelle is right, Seaweed Brain. Skittles are better than Starbursts."

I rolled my eyes at Annabeth's comment before throwing a large bag of skittles into the cart. "They're practically the same thing. I just like the texture of Starbursts more."

Both Annabeth and Estelle gasped in mock offense. "I think Percy shouldn't have candy. He's being stupid already." Estelle said.

"I would agree, but I don't want to see him pout all night long," Annabeth chimed in after grabbing a bag of mini M&M's and throwing them in the cart. She squatted down to Estelle's level to look right at her. "Now, the real question, juice or Kool-Aid to drink?"

A big toothy grin spread across Estelle's face. "Blue Kool-Aid!"

"Well, she's definitely your sister, Percy," Annabeth joked as she stood back up. "We also need to figure out what to do for food, I don't think that candy is going to be a good dinner."

"Don't worry Estelle and I always do the same thing for dinner," I responded. I grabbed the Kool-Aid mix before we walked over to where the hot dogs were. I grabbed two packages of hotdogs before heading to the pasta section and grabbing a handful of boxes of mac and cheese.

"Hotdogs and Macaroni?" Annabeth questioned.

"It's my favorite!" Estelle exclaimed as we began our walk to the checkout. "You put the hotdogs in the macaroni and it's awesome!"

Annabeth still looked confused, and I chuckled as she brought her eyes to me, raising her eyebrows. "Just trust us, Wise Girl. It's good."

Annabeth didn't continue the conversation as we checked out at the U-Scan. I pulled out my card, but Annabeth rushed to put hers in and pay for the groceries. "Hey, why'd you pay?"

"Because you're giving me a place to live," Annabeth said back, as if it were obvious and I was the dumbest person on planet Earth.

"We're getting stuff for my sister though; therefore, it should be strictly my responsibility to pay."

"I put most the treats in the cart and will be eating with you anyway. You'll be fine if I pay for groceries."

Estelle raised her hands like crab pinchers and clapped her fingers together with her thumbs, like what someone does when they're making fun of someone's talking behind their back. "Can you two stop? You fight like a married couple, I think is what they say."

Annabeth let out a quiet laugh. "We're done, I'll try not to fight with whiny Seaweed Brain here until you leave tomorrow."

"I'm not..."

Estelle cut me off by shushing me before I could finish. "We need to leave now. The store is boring."

I picked Estelle up and put her on top of my shoulders. "Stop complaining or I'll leave you here."

Annabeth watched me as I playfully tilted Estelle back and forth all the way out to the car before putting her down and buckling her into the back seat. She'd insisted she could do it herself, but I liked helping.

Annabeth got in the passenger seat, and I rushed to get into the car too. "Okay, we need to decide on movie choices for the night."

"Finding Nemo!" Estelle practically screamed from the back seat. "We always watch Finding Nemo. I brought my Dory."