Chapter Eighteen

Annabeth's POV:

"Why are you being so slow, Annabeth?" Percy whined, stretching out my name. He was tugging on my arm as we walked up the stairs to his mom's apartment. "Estelle is just waiting for us, and everyone is already there."

I rolled my eyes but admittedly did speed up on the stairs. I hadn't been walking slowly beforehand, but Percy was so jittery and excited that he wanted to sprint up the stairs. We were five minutes early yet Percy was still so anxious to get up to the apartment. I think a part of it had to do with the fact that no one knew we were dating yet, and Percy and I were going to play a game until someone caught on.

The party was to consist of Jason, Piper, Hazel, Frank, Nico, Will, Leo, Calypso, and Percy's family. Percy and I were going to see how long it took someone to notice that we were together. The only rule, no kissing unless no one had noticed before the end of the night.

By the time we made it to his mom's apartment he was practically bouncing up and down. He set the basket with Estelle's gift on the ground before turning towards me and wrapping his arm around my waist. "One last kiss before we go inside?"

"If I have to," I mockingly huffed. I wrapped my arms around his neck before leaning up and pressing my lips against his. I felt Percy's hands run across my back as he continued to kiss me. Unfortunately, it wasn't long before he pulled away.

Percy grinned at me for a moment before turning to the door, picking up the basket, and knocking on the door. Jason was the one who swung the door open, revealing nearly everyone was already here. "Wow Jackson, second to last at your own sister's birthday party."

Percy brushed past Jason in the doorway, lightly bumping Jason's shoulder in the process. "Where's the birthday girl?" Percy exclaimed as he stepped inside.

I heard Estelle scream Percy's name and watched as she jumped before Percy picked her up and squeezed her. Estelle had a little birthday crown on her head and her chocolate brown hair was curled around her shoulders. I picked up the basket Percy had thrown on the ground and set it on the floor in the living room while Percy carried Estelle to the kitchen where Paul and Sally were standing.

Piper looked at the gift. "Which one of you didn't get Estelle a present?"

"It's from both of us," I answered. "We picked it out together, and by that, I mean Percy pushed a cart and picked out the stuffed animal."

"That's a couple thing Annabeth." Piper wagged her finger in mock disapproval. "Could you two just get over yourselves and get together?"

My eyes flew to Percy across the room where he was talking to Frank and Nico. I couldn't help but smile as I shrugged my shoulders. Percy glanced toward me as if he'd sensed I was looking and winked.

Piper gave me a peculiar look before turning to look at Percy. Percy had glanced away, thankfully, but Piper knew I was looking at him. "You're so head over heels."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I joked.

Piper sighed before motioning Jason over. "Oh honey, can you believe that Annabeth here is denying she hasn't fallen hard for our dear Percy over there?"

Jason chuckled and shook his head. "Aren't they both so infuriating?"

Jason and Piper switched their discussion to something about Jason's mother while I made my way to where Estelle was playing on the floor. She looked up from the princess puzzle she was putting together. "Wanna do a puzzle with me?"

I smiled and sank down to the floor with Estelle. It was only a one hundred piece puzzle of the Disney princesses, but I was impressed she was doing it on her own up to that point. Estelle did puzzles in a way that surprised me for a child so young. She'd pulled out all the end pieces and put them together before even beginning on the inside.