Chapter Three

Annabeth's POV:

Percy was like a kid in the candy store in the food court of the mall, especially when he got his pretzel bites. After walking around the mall, and Percy buying himself a new blue hoodie, he'd walked around to see every single food place before stopping at Pretzel Maker and ordering a large cup of pretzel bites. I followed behind him and got a normal pretzel before we made our way to a table to sit down.

"So, Seaweed Brain," I began as we sat down. "I've known you for what, six years at this point? Yet, I know almost nothing about you; therefore, you need to spill." 

He laughed, his eyes glinting with humor, before popping yet another pretzel bite into his mouth. "Well, what exactly do you want to know?"

I thought for a moment. I didn't know where to start. I'd known Percy for so long, yet I'd really never gotten to know him. During past exchanges, there wasn't very much talking. In fact, I still didn't know what compelled me to run to Percy in the first place. Maybe, it was the fact that he lived a floor down from me, but he was the first person I thought of after I got the call from my mom. 

"How about we play a game of twenty questions? Then we can both get to know each other."

"I'm game," Percy responded. "I'll take the first question. Favorite color, Wise Girl?"

"The mix of gray and blue. I used to have my walls painted that way when I was a kid." I tore a small piece from my pretzel as Percy waited for my question. "What's your favorite movie, Seaweed Brain?"

"Finding Nemo," He answered, not even taking a second to hesitate. I let out a quiet snicker to which he rolled his eyes. "If you could go anywhere, where would you go?"

"Greece. I've always wanted to see the remnants of Ancient Greece, but Rome would be a close second as well." I ripped another piece off my pretzel and watched Percy continue to shovel pretzel bites into his mouth. "If you had to be stranded on a desert island for five years and could only bring one possession, what would you choose?"

"Wow, giving me the hard questions," Percy joked. "I'd probably bring a fishing pole because I don't think I'd live very long without food. Although, I hate the idea of eating poor, innocent fish."

I laughed. I didn't think Percy would be the practical type. I was convinced that he would pick something like a TV or his cellphone, but his answer had shocked me. Eventually, after he seemed to study me for a moment, I waved my hand to tell him it was his turn to ask a question.

"Time to settle a long-standing argument, Wise Girl." He grinned, and I knew I was in for something. "Who's your best friend, Thalia or Piper?"

I frowned. "You're a jerk." I paused. "I've known Thalia forever, so even though I love Piper, I have to pick Thalia. You're seriously an ass."

"Sorry Wise Girl," He said in mock sincerity.

I rolled my eyes at him and slugged him in the shoulder. "Okay, I need you to give me a real answer. Why are you letting me move in with you?"

Percy seemed to ponder the question for a moment, as if he himself was unsure. "To be completely honest, at first, it was an impulse. I don't regret offering though. I'd do anything for my friends which includes you."

I nodded my head. I couldn't decide if I liked the answer he'd given me or not, but I decided not to press him further. I couldn't decide how to respond so I stood up from the table. "Should we get going?"

"Yeah." Percy stood up and threw his garbage away before we made our way to the mall entrance. 

As we exited, I noticed the wind had picked up while we were outside, and I couldn't help but shiver as I hadn't brought a jacket with me. Percy pulled out the hoodie he'd just bought and handed it to me. "Put this on."