Chapter Ten

Percy's POV:

I was a little panicked as I started getting ready for Jason's party. Annabeth and I had gone grocery shopping and then watched How I Met Your Mother all day. I'd been with her all day until she had gone to take a shower and get ready, and that's when my panic set in. Would it be totally wrong if we stuck to our old habits?

I shook my head at my own thoughts. We couldn't keep doing that, especially now that we were roommates. Annabeth probably wouldn't want to be involved with me anyway. I couldn't stop thinking about it though. My brain was on overdrive thinking about every party I'd gone to over the years. I needed to just pretend it didn't happen.

I went into my room. I'd asked Annabeth about what I should wear earlier in the day and wasn't sure about the choice. I had a pair of jeans dark jeans paired with a light gray button up that I'd rolled up the sleeves for to my elbows. It was abnormal compare to my usual jeans paired with hoodies, but Annabeth had insisted on it.

"Just once, I'd like to see you wear something nice," She'd teased.

I put on the clothes and went into the bathroom that was still steam filled from Annabeth's shower. I used the blow dryer to clear the mirror, a trick Annabeth had taught me a couple days prior. I combed through my hair and put on a little cologne. I didn't usually wear cologne, but occasionally I would wear some.

I played on my phone until I heard Annabeth come into the room. Her appearance took my breath away. She was wearing a light pair of jeans with a light blue tank top and black jacket. She was wearing mascara, but otherwise had no trace of makeup, and her hair was definitely curled this time and flowing down her back.

"Are you okay, Seaweed Brain?" Annabeth laughed.

"You look really beautiful, Wise Girl," I complimented.

Annabeth's face turned a light pink color, she glanced down at her feet. "You look pretty handsome yourself too, Seaweed Brain."

I also blushed before clearing my throat. "Are you ready to go?" I stood up and grabbed my keys.

"Are you okay if I drive?" Annabeth asked, grabbing her keys.

"Yeah, of course." I tossed my keys back onto the table. "I was starting to think your car was just for show since you never seemed to drive it." I teased.

Annabeth locked the door behind us before we descended down the stairs. "I try to walk most the places that I go, but when I go with you, I usually just follow your lead and let you drive."

"That's probably a good thing. You need to rub off on me, my carbon footprint is probably horrible." I laughed, and Annabeth followed suit.

"Are you excited for the party?" Annabeth glanced at me as we neared the end of the stairs.

"I think so," I answered honestly. "Jason's parties are usually a lot of fun."

"They usually are," Annabeth murmured. I wondered if we were thinking of the same things. "By the way, we don't care if anyone knows we live together, right? I hadn't even thought to ask."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course, Wise Girl. Why would I care if anyone knew that we were living together?"

Annabeth shrugged her shoulders as we walked to her silver car and got in. She started up the engine and turned on music before we drove off. We stayed silent for most of the drive to Thalia's. Thalia's house was nearly twenty minutes away from our apartment and a dozen cars were sprawled about in the massive driveway by the time we got there.

Annabeth and I walked in together. Almost immediately she was greeted by Thalia and her girlfriend, Reyna. Annabeth split off while I went to go look for the guys. I found Leo, Frank, and Jason playing pool in the basement.