01

I roll off my uncomfortable bed letting my body slam against the cold hardwood floor.
Today's the day I finally get to go back home after my dad abandoned me here at this stupid rehab center.
"Vera, get off the floor. They're gonna think you relapsed and then you're stuck here all over again."
I turn to look at Molly who's slumped over her bed looking at me, the large dark circles under her eyes tell me that she hasn't got an ounce of sleep.

I lift myself up walking over to Molly's bed and get under her covers. When I first got here I was an emotional wreck but in no time she took me under her wing becoming the big sister I never had.
"What am I gonna do without you nagging me twenty-four seven?" Molly laughs shifting her body underneath the covers snuggling into my side.
"Who knows. What do you plan on doing when you go back?" I turn on my side and look at her.

"I'm gonna grab my board and go to the furthest skate park in the city. And then ride until my body can't take it anymore."
"Why the furthest?" I shrug my shoulders? turning onto my back again. Looking at the decorated ceiling. "So my dad can't find me, I don't want to be around him. I can't forgive him for sending me here."

I reach over to the nightstand grabbing a tissue and a pen and begin writing my phone number on it. I know, bold of me to assume I'll be getting that back.
"This is my number, just in case you need anything. Or just wanna talk, I don't want to leave you here alone."
"Vera, you can't worry about me. I probably will end up back in here after I leave." It's true, Molly has been in here multiple times all for the same drug which happens to be her name. Molly. And it's not that she chooses to go back, she's just heavily influenced by her family and friends.
"I wish you could live with me, and we could stay sober together."
"I could only hope that staying sober would be apart of my future girly but, you have so much potential."

-

Packing was quick and easy, I had just a few outfits with me since that was all my dad decided to give me. I walk back upstairs to the room I shared with Molly and two other girls.
"Molly, my dad's here to pick me up." I wipe my eyes before tears decide to make their way down my face. The super skinny and underweight girl gets out of her bed walking towards me, a sad look on her face. "You're the only fucking person I liked here."
I chuckle only because I relate, I didn't think I would make any friends here but Molly was the first and ended up becoming a sister as well.

"Vera, your father's waiting." Angie, the group leader called walking past the bedroom door. "I'll make sure to visit, to keep you updated on life." I wink at Molly.
I lift my bag that definitely weighed under 4 pounds and heads downstairs seeing my father and two brothers waiting at the door, arms folded. If I didn't know any better, I'd assume they were angry at me.
I step up to the three men who are well over six feet, they got all the height from dad, whereas I got the lack of height from my mother who was a whole whopping 5'4 and a half.
"Vera, how was your time? I'm hoping you're clean."
I roll my eyes handing my bag to Flynn, the oldest of the bunch.
"Can we just go?" I squeeze through them and head to the black Mercedes perfectly parked in front.

"Vera! You know we're going to have to set some ground rules."
Oh God, I know I've never really believed in you but please if you're listening don't let him do this.
The car unlocks and I climb in as do the rest of them. I wish I had my phone and earbuds right about now so I don't hear my father nagging.
"No phone, until you finish the school year." Easy father, I still have my old iPhone 5 tucked away somewhere in my bedroom.
"You're making me finish the year? Dad what the fuck, the whole school probably knows that I went to rehab!"

"Oh don't be dramatic Vera! No one will care that you went to rehab. It's your senior year, you're finishing."
"Dad seriously if you make me go back, I'll fucking overdose again." My father slams on the breaks and turns around looking at me. Okay so maybe threatening him with that wasn't the smartest idea.
Let's rewind back, three months ago.