05

I wake up to a loud bang on my bedroom door which nearly gave me a heart attack. I watch the door job jiggle and the door tries to be shoved opened but it can't due to the wooden chair blocking it.

"Vera if you don't open this door I'll break it down!" I jump up and look over at Ryder who's peacefully sleeping. He actually looks kind of cute but now is definitely not the time to admire that.

I shake his shoulder and lean in to whisper in his ear. "Hey, you need to get up and go before my brother comes in here and murders us both."
Instead of complying with my demands he pulls my blanket over his head. "I'm not kidding, come on just go for now and you can come back later tonight."

His arm throws the blanket from over his head and he looks at me with a smile on his face. "Same time?" "Same place" That being said, he slid out of my bed and put his shoes on. I walked him to the window helping him get a grip on the outside so he didn't fall to his death. I hear Flynn bang on my door once again which caught me off guard from staring at Ryder. "Okay I'll see you tonight, yeah?" "Yeah."
I watch him climb down from my roof before I turn back to my door that is still being pounded on by Flynn. I can tell he's surprised that I actually opened and he stands there in front of me stunned.

"What did we say about locking doors? No locked doors Vera!"

"Is that what you woke me up for? To tell me no locked doors Vera." I mock, he rolls his eyes rubbing his hand over his face. Clearly annoyed by me. 
"No sherlock, dad made breakfast. Come down to eat."

When I enter the kitchen I'm greeted by my dad and Kohen who both are reading a newspaper, I'm not sure why because we have internet and google is free.
"Vera, Ms.Stanford called. You know, our lovely neighbor next door? She informed me that there was a boy climbing from your window, care to explain?" Shit.
"Ms.Stanford? The batshit crazy lady who collects cats? She doesn't know what she's talking about."

My dad sets down his newspaper and slides his glasses down the bridge of his nose looking at me.

"Well, if there were a boy coming over tell him that we have a perfectly fine front door that he is very much welcome to use." Wait, am I hearing him correctly?
"So you're okay with me having a guy over?"

"No Vera, I'm not but it's not like you'll listen anyway. I'd rather him use the front door than be in a freak accident trying to leave your window."

Before I could even start to give my response Flynn came bursting into the kitchen, angry as usual.

"You trust her with boys in her bedroom? Dad she locked her door! Which I have no idea how because she doesn't even have a lock on the damn thing! Now why would she need that?"

I had to laugh. I'm not exactly sure why he feels the need to yell at me over everything. I can't even breathe with out him criticizing me doing that.

"Flynn, please. I will handle this, leave your sister alone." Vera:1 Flynn:0.

"Vera could you just not do so much, you're gonna give your brother a heart attack."

Is that a bad thing? "Vera!" My dad yells slamming his fist onto the table causing Kohen to laugh.

"Oops, did I say that out loud?"

-

A few hours later I'm back at the skate park with Ryder and Nico.

"So you're telling me you're a skater who doesn't know how to do a kickflip?" Ryder laughs taking a drag from his cigarette. I hate the smell of them but I've gotten used to it the past few days.

"Well don't be a bully, we're not all perfectionists!"

"Yeah alright, get on the board."
Wow, demanding much?

"Okay so." He bends down and grabs my ankle and slides it to the tail of the board. "Move this one here." He moves my other foot at an angle and from the way he's grabbing me makes me feel like I'm going to fall and make a fool out of myself.

Ryder stands back up and moves behind me, his chest against my back. His hands make way to my shoulders and turn them slightly to an angle. 

"Okay so just, bend your knees and jump. But when you jump try sliding your foot up." He comes from around and gives me a thumbs up ready for me to try. I do try but I fail, the board comes out from underneath me and I'm about to fall on my ass before he grabs my arm pulling me back up.

"Fuck."
"It's fine you're fine, try again."

Ryder grabs my board and sets it back down for me to try again. "When you get this and you're comfortable enough we can move on to the next step."

I jump up and slide my foot up the board this time getting somewhere unlike the last.

I'm shocked and look up at Ryder who has his phone out, pointed directly at me.
"I'll cut you if you post that." 
"Be quiet. Do it again."

I do it a few more times, each time being more successful than the last.

"I think I'm ready for the next step."
He walks behind me again and bends down grabbing my right leg.
"So when you jump I want you to bend this leg. When the board is fully flipped then you can catch it."
I try my attempt at following his instructions but can't get the the board to fully flip over now, making myself look like a fool more than ever.

"Try again, we won't leave until you get it."

-

"I give up." I kick the board away and watch it roll.

"Why? You weren't that bad."

"I know but I look dumb." Ryder grabbed my arm and yanked me back towards him. "You always look dumb, stupid." I frown at him, that's not very uplifting to hear.

"See now you're just being a bully." I hear him faintly chuckle and I look up at him raising an eyebrow.

"Is this funny to you?"

"Yeah a little." He laughs again. "It's very tempting to hit you with my board Ryder, very very tempting."

"That's hot."

A bunch of actual hot thoughts come to mind and before I become flustered I shake them away.

"Whatever, let's just go back to mine."
"You don't have to tell me twice."

Here we are back in my bed, although my dad said he would rather have people use the front door than climb through the window I still made Ryder climb. Not only to avoid Flynn who happened to still be home since he doesn't have a life but to protect Ryder and his manhood because knowing Flynn he'd go the extra mile to make sure Ryder wouldn't want to come back.

"So, like what's your favorite color?"
"Why?"

"Oh my god why are you like this? I'm just trying to make conversation."
"Don't, us being here is enough."

"A part of me feels like you hate me."
"Why?"
Hm maybe because you're an asshole.

"I don't know, just get the vibes."
"Well you're wrong, you're kinda cool. And I guess you're kind of cute."

I push his shoulder and laugh. "Shut up, you know I'm hot."

"I mean I guess."

Short and bad I know I'm just rlly sick lol and don't have any motivation atm. Enjoy :')