𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐳𝐞𝐥

𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎 8𝚝𝚑 1988

12:30PM

It was lunch time.
A time where all teenagers from the Hawkins high are crowded in a small, smelling room where they can eat their food and talk with friends that they haven't or already have talked to through the day. Normally everyone would have conversations, laugh and share information, except for two boys located on a pretty empty table somewhere pretty far away from all the drama and talking teenage monsters. Silence filling the space between them.

The taller boy was chewing on his dry sandwich, starting at the wooden table where the paint was already scratching of, revealing the wood underneath. His eyes were empty and still regret for kissing his best friend, but on the other side he was happy he at least knows how those smooth, pink and welcoming lips from Will felt, yet even tasted. That scenario was a dream he'd dreamed dozens of times but haven't gone tired of. But still, if he wouldn't have done that, they would be speaking about the movies that were approaching the big screen sooner or later, making new plans to hangout or discussion different opinions on things they're interested in, right now. They always found things to talk about at lunch, but they were instead sitting in awkward silence while the kids around them are having talkative conversations with each other.

Will knew he shoud say something... do something... but instead he was glancing from his own food to Mike for a few moments, but he didn't even seemed to notice the obvious quick starings from Will, way to concentrate on the thoughts that he was still chewing on the same bite he took moments before... it was nearly a disgusting munch in his mouth, but he couldn't care less.

The brunette boy finally took all his courage together, sitting up straight and took a more comfortable position on the hard chair he was sitting on. He didn't wanted things to turn out like in his dream. It maybe was just in his head, but all these emotions felt so real, that he knew he couldn't go through that a second time. Something needed to be said.
This time Will Byers was the one that made the first move, not Mike Wheeler.
For one moment he felt strong enough to speak up and not listen to the voice in his head that reminded him of his father.
He cleared his throat to get Wheelers attention, which didn't really worked. Mikes beautiful eyes still looking soulless somewhere on the table, not focusing at all, but he managed to gulp the to much chewed bite from the sandwich down his throat and take another bite.

„uh- Mike?"

The courage the small boy started building up sank a bit, but he didn't wanted to act like a complete pussy and ignored his his thoughts. He needed to do this.
He didn't wanted the rest of their relationship to be just silence and awkwardness and thsi time it was Wills turn to fix everything he'd messed up.

As Will hoped, the attention from the other boy was now on him, swallowing the sandwich pieces he had in his mouth and let his eyes wander up to meet the perfect ones from Will.
Dark brown met hazel, trapping each other and letting the pale cheeks from their owners glow in a soft pink hue. How powerful eye contact could be had both boys already experienced, to a point where it was a common reaction to blush like crazy for them.
The now attention paying Wheeler licked his slightly chapped lips that needed some lip balm and opened his mouth to speak.

„yeah?"

It came out more quiet and husky than he imagined, but he ignored it, waiting for what his loved one wanted to say.
He patiently dedicated his full on attention to Will, laying his sandwich on the clear foil in where his sandwich was wrapped in.

He never thought Will would make the first move to speak in a situation like this, normally Mike was the one since Will was too much of an overthinker to even say a hello without worrying that he accidentally said something wrong or inappropriate.

„so- about yesterday...-"

The smaller boy scratched the back of his neck and freed his eyes from the shining brown ones that he'd drawn to many times.
Mike on the other hand used the opportunity to look all over his best friend...
The brunette, slightly messy hair, the lips he was able to taste two days ago had a thin layer of chapstick on them,
The pale, but still pink toned skin and the oversized outfit he was wearing. Mike was totally in love with how his best friend was looking and couldn't take his eyes from him...
He was so in his thoughts that he didn't even realized how pretty Will looked today... as always.

„- I'm sorry for my behavior.
You deserve a proper explanation."

Wills eyes snapped back to Mikes, only to realize the analyzing look he had on his face and the perfect, dark eyes wandering all over him.
Both boys blushed even more when Mikes eyes met Wills again, realizing what the Wheeler boy had done.
They decided to ignore that and just let their eyes create their own little bubble, blending out all the people around them and other conversations.

„no- Will it's fine. I understand that... I should've ask in the first place."

„No- no Mike it's fine..."

Silence fell between them again.
Will took a deep breath for the next thing he's about to say.

„I- I actually liked it... I guess I was just a bit overwhelmed at that moment."

Mikes eyes widened a bit, he felt the butterflies enter his stomach, which led his body brurn a but and he smiled a but when he saw that he wasn't the only one that was blushing like crazy.
He felt like a huge bag was lifted from his shoulders. He didn't needed to worry anymore if he ruined their beautiful and strong bond.

„soo-? Does that mean-"

„yes Mike. It..- It means that I like you."

It was said. Will said it. He made it.