Chapter 8

"There are years
that ask questions,
and years that answer."

"Eleanor!" A voice called.

Eleanor spun around and saw Abby, Frances and another girl with pale skin and brown hair with blonde highlights walking towards her.

Amongst the group Abby was the shortest, the other girl being slightly taller than her.

"Eleanor, this is Catherine Connolly," Abby said once they reached her.

"Pleasure to you meet you, Eleanor!" Catherine grinned, "I've heard so much about you!"

Eleanor smiled, "Lovely to meet you too."

She noticed the black and yellow striped scarf Catherine wore around her neck. A Hufflepuff scarf.

"Anyway, Princess, you want to join us? We're going to the Black Lake," Frances said. She had started calling Eleanor, Princess. She didn't mind though, she thought the nickname was rather ironic. It also meant Frances was warming up to her.

"We're going to do homework, Frances," Abby sighed, rolling her eyes at the less caring of the two.

From what Eleanor gathered, Abby was more studious. She obeyed the rules, unless they inconvenienced her. She aimed to score high in all of her classes.

Frances, however, couldn't care less about the school's rules. She did manage good marks in some of her subjects, though only the ones she cared about. She noticed Frances could be involved in the class if she cared, otherwise she wouldn't bother paying attention.

"I'd love to join."

The four headed to the Black Lake where they found a shaded area and set down their things. Abby and Eleanor got to work while Frances cleaned her nails.

"Abby," Catherine called, "Can you help me with this Potions essay?"

Abby lifted her head, "Eleanor should help you. She's great at Potions."

Eleanor shrugged, "I wouldn't say great." She knew well that she was brilliant at Potions, but she didn't want to come off as arrogant.

"She's being modest, better than Tom Riddle this one," Frances added with a smirk.

"Everyone's talking about how you made a better potion than Riddle," Catherine added.

Eleanor sighed, "Sure, I'll help you."

The pair got to work and Eleanor continued to help the others when need be.

The four finished their homework and soon enough they were sitting by a tree doing their own thing.

Abby read while Frances and Catherine chatted about boys. Eleanor joined Abby in reading.

She disguised one of her blood magic books as an Astronomy one. She needed to know more about who she was and what she could do.

She already knew a fair amount. She felt like there was more to it though. She knew she was a Weissanger, but it felt like something was missing.

She didn't know what though. She would have to go through as many of her books as she could, though the translation of them was taking up time. She managed to get through a fifth of one of the smaller books this week, though she expected to be receiving more homework as the year went on.

She also wanted to check the library for books on Blood Magic though she had doubts that she would find anything there.

There was one other topic she wanted to look into.

Her heritage. Her family.

Harry and Annie King were presumed dead. She needed to know why. Why wouldn't they tell her?

She had come to realise over the past few days that her blood must have been the reason why she had a nurse watching her every move to make sure she didn't trip.

Her parents knew the whole time.

It's why every time she dueled or practiced fighting her father made sure the entire room was padded. Her never used any spells to make her bleed or hit her where the skin could have split.

They knew her blood was white and never told her.

Though, it wasn't white anymore, but she wasn't concerned with that at the moment.

A finger snapping caught her attention. She looked at Frances whose hand was waving in her face.

"You zoned out there," she said, noticing Eleanor's confused look.

"Oh," Eleanor replied.

"You like Astronomy?" Catherine said, gesturing to the fake Astronomy book in Eleanor's hands.

Eleanor managed a faint smile. "I love Astronomy."

"Me too," Catherine said with a bright grin, "It's my favourite subject, after Herbology."

"Potions is my favourite subject, Astronomy is a close second though." She felt a bitter pain in her chest. Her mind was flooded with memories of Louise and Rose. Maybe if she had used the Liquid Luck to complete the spell they wouldn't be dead.

"Okay this is getting boring," Frances interrupted, "let's go do something fun. Like eat."

Abby chuckled at her friend before getting up and said, "Dinner is about to start."

The rest followed her lead and made their way inside the castle.

________________________________________

Heyy this is just a filler chapter to introduce you to Catherine.

A couple of questions:

Do you like Frances nickname for Eleanor?

What do you think of Catherine?

Who is your favourite so far; Abby, Frances or Catherine?

– walkingmasterpiece xx