Chapter 9

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life."

Eleanor walked next to Eiden. They were heading to the Slytherin Common Room after their shared class of Ancient Runes.

Eleanor didn't know anyone else in the class besides Eiden, and well Tom. He kept to himself though.

Eiden and her had gotten along well and were on the way to becoming good friends.

Eleanor didn't know if it was a good idea to have friends. They would hate her if they ever found out what happened, and she would be sent to Azkaban.

She supposed it would be fine, it was only for a year and then she would be gone.

"You should meet my friends," Eiden said once they entered the common room.

He lead her over to the area by the fireplace where three boys sat. They were the same three that were always with Tom Riddle.

"Boys, this is Eleanor King," he introduced. They all smiled at her.

A boy with light bronze skin and dark brown hair said, "I'm Aeres Lestrange. That's Abraxas Malfoy," he gestured to a pale boy with platinum blond hair who gave her a smile, "and Leomund Rosier."

The remaining boy gave his friend an annoyed look before turning to Eleanor. "Call me Leo, please. Leomund is such a dreadful name," he let out a dramatic sigh. He had black hair and pale skin, though he wasn't as pale as Abraxas.

"It's not that bad," Abraxas rolled his eyes and shoved Leomund, who, in retaliation, threw a book at the boy.

Eleanor smiled and put her hand in front of her mouth to conceal her laughter.

Aeres patted the spot next to him and she sat down, Eiden following. She laughed and joked with the boys. They were much more childish than the girls but that only made it more fun to be around them.

An hour passed and Eleanor left the boys to meet up with Abby, Frances, and Catherine to study. She planned on searching the library for books that would help her figure out what she was missing.

She arrived in the library and found the girls sitting at a table near the front. She walked over and greeted them before sitting down and taking out her books.

She had an essay to write and her homework would be complete for the week.

Once done with her essay, she got up. "I'm going to look for some books. I'll be back soon," she said.

She received mumbles and nods from her friends as signs of acknowledgement.

She got up and strolled around the library in search of any books that would help her. She found nothing on Blood Magic.

With her quest for book on Blood Magic proving fruitless, she instead chose to search for something that would have her family tree in it.

After what seemed like hours but was only twenty minutes, she came upon a green hardcover book that held every Pureblood family tree inside.

Opening the heavy book, she scanned the pages for K. Under K she found King. Her heart raced as she moved her finger down the page. Harry King. Just Harry King. No wife, no children, no siblings.

The book was old, but not that old. She could not be sure her grandparents on her father's side were even still alive. The book didn't say if anyone was deceased or not.

She sighed, this was going to take her ages.

After putting the book in its rightful place, she turned around, only to bump into someone.

"Oh I'm sorry," she mumbled to the person in front of her. A Ravenclaw with light brown hair gave her a smirk and walked away.

She shrugged it off and walked back to her desk. She would have to find a way to get more information.

Sitting down with a silent huff, she took out a book in order to prepare for her next lessons.

"Didn't find what you're looking for?" Frances asked.

Eleanor looked up at the black-haired girl and sighed, "No, I didn't."

Frances looked at Abby and Catherine who were distracted with work and leaned closer to whisper, "check the Restricted Section. Might have what you're looking for."

"The Restricted Section?" Eleanor asked, her voice dropping to copy Frances' low tone.

"Yeah, though, you'll have to go at night. It is restricted after all and you can only get in during the day with a note from any of the teachers," she shrugged, leaning back into her chair.

Eleanor nodded, "Thanks."

She would go tomorrow night. She hoped to find something—anything—that would help her.

_________________________________________

Bit of a short chapter but the next will be longer. xx

What do you think of Aeres, Abraxas, Eiden, and Leomund?

– walkingmasterpiece xx