Chapter 2: the boring days

Well thinking of the past won't change a thing about today. I should just get back to my work. It's almost 7 and I should start preparing the dinner, yes only for myself *(sighs)*. Firstly I write the menu on the slate hanged near the fridge in the kitchen like always. I'm thinking to make fried chicken wit cherry juice, some boiled rice and side veggies. For dessert i still have the yesterday's pumpkin pie. So I take out the bowl of chicken breasts pieces from refrigerator which I've freshly cut and cleaned this afternoon.
Ugh! The only hardest thing I find nowadays is to kill a hen, the pain and blood is so hard to watch. My mum never liked meat and never let me had it. I was a vegetarian but grandpa didn't like that. He used to say "Don't be a chicken! Eat it, we need lot of proteins to be strong and healthy". Once he also made me to kill my chicken. I cried a lot that night. He wanted me to eat that  but I ran away, they found me in the church next morning. So after that he taught me bunch of excuses that humans say to themselves while hunting down and eating other creatures, like we are a part of nature and it has a cycle or a food chain, we all have to do our job to maintain the balance and that kinda crap. Gradually I've inculcated the habit of eating non-veg. Yes, he was tough on me at times. Perhaps it was hard for me then. If I think about it now, I'm kinda  thankful to him for that. Otherwise I wouldn't learn to survive, eat and sleep. In the nature only the fittest survives, we have to be strong both mentally and physically to live an another day in this world.
       My food is now ready. I connect an usb to the TV. Pray to God and start eating it while watching one of the 90s soap. God! I love watching stuff. As there aren't any people now, watching a live telecast is impossible but I have zillions of  downloaded movies, reality shows, cartoons,series and also porn in pendrives, memory cards, I-phone, I-pad, mac book and pc. I still wonder why the guy/gal who used to live here would save so many things offline. Good for me though. And I also have CDs of old movies which are enough for a lifetime. I also have a DVD player, JBL speakers, i-pod,air pods,ear phones, headsets and also a gramophone with vintage records. That's the only perk of being the only survived one and living in post apocalypse. I collected them from different places that I went after the big thing that happened. Every first week of the month, I travel around the places to see if anyone's there and mainly for the supplies. And if I see anything that I like, i bring it to home with me. I like to learn about new things and may be discover some more things. I never stop learning cause  I was just 13 when the big thing happened. There's a lot of catching up for me to do but there's no one to teach. But I am capable  to do that by my own. I may not have access to internet but I do have enough books of biology, maths, abacus,physics,english, french,Russian for the beginners and dictionaries too. My time table includes 4 study hours and I only study for 4 days in a week and do other stuff for the next 3 days of the week.
           I'm done with my dinner and I call out destiny- my security system which is some kinda software program,to check if all the doors are locked and sealed forever so that I'd grow old and fuckin' die alone! *(Out of frustration)* Just kidding.
What's the point, there's no one out there anyway. But I do it just in case, we gotta stay prepared for everything. Speaking of which, i have that phrase tattooed near the right side at back of my waist : 'hope for the best, prepare for the worst'.
Last year I gave it to myself with the machine I found in one of the piercings shop near by. I know such a boring line to be tattooed on the waist of a teenager. I didn't know what I was thinking, i laugh about it now. I just was so excited to do something different for myself, it was a lot more painful than i expected that it would be. All i wanted was a little change on my big day. Other than this, tht day was pretty sad. For every girl her 16th is supposed to be a special day. I really can't tell if I'm lucky enough to be alive or unfortunate enough to be the only one that's alive.
                I should really stop thinking and just go to bed now. Tomorrow's same day. It's like a giant time loop n I'm living the same day for the rest of my life.
When I'm about to go n switch off the bed lamp,I see the new journal which I kept near it the last night thinking that I'd start writing today. I got that journal to myself so that I won't just think about the past or what I feel about everything, but I write it down, as there's no one to talk to.
Guess I'm too tired for it right now. I'm in one of those days. I'll just sleep and think about this journal some other day.