Chapter 1

Kehlani Johnson
June 4, 2017 7:00am Monday

           The sound of my alarm clock ringed throughout the house as I looked over and it read 7:00am. "Ugh, 7:00 already, i just went to sleep" .Last night I was up late working on my computer looking for me a apartment to live in with me and my boyfriend jordan instead of crashing at my moms house all the time I'm 19 yea I know, I suppose yo been have gone, but it's been hard lately.

I tapped my phone clock off and rolled back over . "Just 5 more mins " 5 mins turned into 10 mins. 

"Kehlani , get up and get ready for work I shouldn't have to remind u to get ready for work you're 19 years old" my mom said.

Yea you heard right that's my mom Andrea she's always up early in the morning doing her early morning runs and comes home and cooks breakfast. I really need to get my own place so I won't have everybody in my ear complaining all the time.

"I'm up mom, I just needed 5 more mins" I yelled down stairs at my mom.
"You shouldn't have stayed up all night on that computer talking to that deadbeat boyfriend of yours "my mom yelled back.
"Whatever" I said under my breath

I got up and went into the bathroom to start my daily routine I turned on my favorite song I listen to to get me motivated "Free" by Perri Jones.

I don't need vaildation
To tell me who I am
I have lived the situation
And I've learned to understand
There's such thing limitations
I exceed expectations
I have learned to love me

Oh yeah , yeah, yeah

I'm free
I'm human but I'm comfortable with me
I'm capable got everything I need
I'm focused and living out my dream
I feel
My family, their  love surrounding me
There's nothing in this world I rather be
Than me
I'm free

A knock hit the door which caused me to get out of my thoughts.
"I'm in the shower " I yelled.
"Kehlani, mom said u have to take me to school today cause she doesn't have time to do it" my little sister said.
"I have to work today, and plus it's already 7:00, mom knows I have to work today"
"Okay ill tell mom. Your phone is ringing "
"Hand it here "
My sister came in the bathroom and handed me my ringing phone. she had on leggings and pink shirt with a pink hair bow and her hair placed into a ponytail

  she had on leggings and pink shirt with a pink hair bow and her hair placed into a ponytail

"You look so cute Avianna" I smiled at her.
"Thank you sisssy " she said.
"Put my phone right there answer it and put it on speaker"

She did what was told and left out of the bathroom leaving me on the phone with my boyfriend.

"Hello"
"Tha fuck took you so long to answer the fucking phone, you better not be fucking cheating on a nigga or I'll beat the fuck out of you and you know I will" Jordan said loudly on the phone.
"Boy i was in the shower , I'm getting ready for work if u must know" I said a little irritated.
"Tf you getting mad for I should be getting mad at you for taking to damn long to answer the phone, look bruh anyways I'm picking u up to take yo ass to work be ready in 10 mins or I'm leaving" jordan said
"Okay jordon" I said rolling my eyes at the phone.

He hung up the phone without even said bye or I love you. Sometimes I think he's cheating on me but I shake it off every now and then, but I still think that. I finished putting on my clothes, did my hair and makeup. I had on a white shirt tucked in my grey pants, a blue Jean jacket , a blue purse and blue shoes.

I looked in the mirror checking my self out

"I look fine asf" I smiled at myself in the mirror.
Checking the time, it read 7:50 I rushed downstairs and and greeted my mom.
"Morning mom"
"Morning sweetheart "
"Sorry it took me so long to get ready I was in the shower listening to music and then jordan called "
"Mmh I'll be glad when u break up with that jordan, you know me and your father don't like him"
"Mom, please don't start this early in the morning " I said sighing.
"Okay hun, I'm just telling you, he's not good-
"I know mom I get it.
"Okay okay, who's taking u to work? Or you riding with Kierra?"
"No I'm riding with Jordan , speaking on him he's outside. Bye mom, love you, I'll talk to u when I get home"
Okay hun, love u too and have a wonderful day.

*****
How y'all like it? 🤔
It's my first book, but I promise it's gone get a little better.
Comment💕
Vote