Trial by Falling

"Wake up lazy butt!"

Erin awoke with a jolt, surprised by the sudden yelling of Nora.

"It's morning. It's morning." she repeated excitedly as she dashed around the room.

Erin groaned as he rubbed his face, looking to his side to see Ren had woken up as well.

"Is she always this... energetic?" Erin asked.

"Yes." Ren answered with a simple smile.

Erin shook his head at the girls antics before getting up. He quickly got dressed and ate some breakfast before heading down to the locker room to get his equipment for the initiation. There, he met back up with Ruby and Yang.

"Wonder what those two are so worked up about?" Ruby commented as Ren and Nora walked past.

"Oh, who knows. So, you seem awfully chipper this morning." Yang noticed.

"Yup. No more awkward small talk and getting-to-know-you stuff. Today I get to let my sweetheart do the talking." Ruby agreed, caressing her folded up scythe, Crescent Rose, as she spoke.

"Should we be concerned that she refers to Crescent Rose as her "sweetheart"?" Erin asked.

"Nah, I'm sure it's fine." Yang dismissed.
"But remember, Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation. If you wanna grow up you're gonna have to meet new people and learn to work together."

"Ugh, you sound like dad!" Ruby complained as she put her scythe away.
"Okay, first of all, what does meeting people have to do with fighting? And secondly, I don't need people to help me grow up. I drink milk!"

"What about when we form teams? You're going to need to be able to work together with your teammates." Erin pointed out.

"I don't know... I'll just be on your team, or something."

"Maybe you should try being on someone else's team?" Yang suggested, running a hand through her hair as she did.

"My dearest sister Yang, are you implying that you and our good friend Erin do not wish to be on the same team as me?" Ruby inquired.

"Of course not. We just thought it would... you know, help you break out of your shell." Erin replied.

"What the? I don't need to break out of my shell! That's absolutely..."

"Ridiculous!" Jaune exclaimed as he walked past.
"There's no way I put my gear in locker 636. I would have remembered having to count that high!"

As he searched for his missing equipment, he passed by two people, a boy and a girl, dressed like Ancient Greek warriors. The two were currently chatting with Weiss.

"So, Pyrrha, have you and Yale given any thought to whose team you'd like to be on? I'm sure everyone will be eager to unite with two strong, well known individuals such as yourselves." Weiss asked.

"Hmm, we're not quite sure." Pyrrha answered.

"We were planning on letting the chips fall where they may." Yale added, not lifting his gaze from the leather bracer he was strapping to his left arm.

"Well, I was thinking maybe we could be on a team together." Weiss suggested.

"I see you went straight for the athletes. Can't say I'm surprised."

The three of them turned to see Bianca looking over at them with her arms crossed. Weiss frowned.

"You!"

"Hey, you're the heiress of the Albion Foundation, right?" Yale commented, recognizing the blonde.

Bianca smiled as she turned to him