Chapter 9- Broken Home

(M/N) entered the base, avoiding eye contact with Nym as he and Dalis walked by. Nym remained silent, watching him pass, guilt in her eyes.

Dalis walked (M/N) into the living room, sitting down on the couch.

"So... we need to talk."

(M/N) nodded, letting out a shaky breath.

"Just.... lay it on me."

(M/N) made an attempt to joke around, mostly for himself. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest.

Dalis' glare had softened, and a look of genuine guilt and pity replaced it.

"Here... just... read it."

The fiery haired girl passed him an opened letter, which he quickly took and read.

The paper fluttered to the floor, (M/N) quickly standing up and using his hands to cover his mouth.

"When I said I needed to keep you alive... that's what I meant..." Dalis mumbled.

Their new orders.... were directed to Nym and Dalis.

(M/N) had to die.

He turned to where Dalis and Nym were standing, staring at him with expressions he couldn't read.

"You aren't... gonna actually do it, are you?"

Nym walked over, pulling him into a tight hug.

"Of course not sweetie. We love you too damn much to ever hurt you. But... it's not going to be easy."

Dalis nodded, walking over to where the two were.

"They'll send others to do the job once they realize we won't. We need to go into hiding. No more going out alone... no more seeing those turtles. We really can't trust them, or anyone."

(M/N) stared down at his feet. Why were things going so wrong just when he was finally happy?

"No."

The boy's sudden word startled the two. His voice held an intensity neither had heard before from the (H/C) boy.

"I'm not going to live my life in fear. I'm not going to hide."

Dalis stared at (M/N) in annoyance and disbelief.

"Don't try to be a hero right now. This is about life or death you moron!"

"You know what the other agents are like. It's only a matter of time before they find me... find us. I don't want anything to happen to you two."

Nym stayed silent, already knowing the boy's plan.

"Goddamn it (M/N), just work with me here! Just this once!"

Nym held the other girl's hand gently, shutting Dalis up quickly.

"Go then. I hope you know what you're doing."

(M/N) nodded, surprised at her sudden understanding. Still, it's exactly what he needed. He quickly ran to his room, gathering only his most basic necessities and only small personal items.

He walked to the fire escape, casting one last look at the two girls who had been his family for almost his entire life.

They looked back, silent, expressions void of emotions.

Somehow it was better that way.

(M/N) gave one final nod, then jumped off into the night.

He knew exactly where he needed to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAHA BET YOU WEREN'T EXPECTING THAT!!! I'm really proud of this little twist and indeed in the last chapter I gave a little hint that this was coming so it's not completely out of the blue! Anyway hope this helps bring us back into the swing of things, and hopefully y'all will enjoy what's to come because I've had so many ideas during my hiatus on this book :D

Your lovely author, Miles💕