Chapter 23- So Does This Make Me A Cold-Hearted Killer Or...

Raph wandered around the empty room with the rest of his brothers, searching every nook and cranny for any hidden doors. Honestly anything that would prove that this was, in fact, the right place. 

"hey.. where did (M/N) go?" Mikey suddenly asked, making Raph look back and realize that the (H/C)-haired boy was gone. 

"Shit... I look away for one damn minute and he manages to get himself lost." 

Leo sighed, "Well he couldn't have gone far. It doesn't look like there's many places to go." 

Donnie nodded, gesturing to the only hallway leading out of the room they were in. 

"I think he probably went that way. Not sure though."

"Your sarcasm really isn't helping here Don-"

"HELP!!" 

A yell echoed through the building, and without a moment of hesitation, Raph was dashing down the hall.

"(M/N)!!" 

Raph ran into the room, only catching a glimpse of the disk near (M/N)'s neck. He didn't really need to process anything else. 

He pulled out his sais. charging at the figure and pushing him away from the other, only managing to us one of his sai to pin the stranger's arm down. 

(M/N) stood up quickly, grabbing the turtle's arm and pulling him back.

"No fighting... they're tough. Let's just get out of here!"

Raph was about to protest, when the figure's disk whizzed past them, hitting the wall behind them.

"Ok. Yeah. Good idea."

    The pair ran out of the room, back into the main storage room. 

"Shit.. it was a trap!"

The three other turtles were busy fighting away a combination of foot and Kraang soldiers, and it was clear they were already worn out.

"There you are! How do we even get out of here!" Donnie yelled, just barely dodging a laser to the face. 

"We gotta get out of here, there's no hope of winning!"

(M/N) pulled out his disk quickly, easily slicing a Kraang bot in half and kicking a foot soldier in the stomach. As he followed the four turtles out, he knew he wouldn't be able to escape the agent who was after him. 

He jumped out through the window, landing with a thump on the next rooftop. 

His mind was made up. Time to end this here. 

Or at least, that was the plan. 

"(M/N)! Move your ass, this really isn't the time to admire the city lights!"

(M/N) watched as the agent pulled themselves up through the broken window they had come from.

"Go. I'll see you at the lair."

"Are you insane?! Did you hit your head too hard? I'm not leaving you!"

(M/N) chuckled, "I'm a little out of it, I will admit. But I can still kick ass."

He turned to the turtle, flashing a confident smile. 

"Trust me, ok?"

Raph stared at him, fists clenched as the menacing figure got closer.

".... fine."

The turtle grabbed (M/N)'s arm, pulling him closer.

"You better come back to me or else."

(M/N) smirked, and with a final look, they parted.

He turned to face his newest enemy, taking a deep breathe. 

"Alright.. let's get this over with. I'm sure we've both got places to be."

The figure walked over to him, stopping a few feet away at the opposite side of the rooftop.

"I'll make your death swift and painless." 

(M/N) shrugged in response to the warped voice, materializing his helmet in response.

"Ok, enough chit chat."

Without any hesitation, (M/N) lunged forward, bringing his fist down and repeatedly punching the agent's chest. His first instinct would have been the face, but this was his tech he was up against. The helmet would only absorb the impact. (M/N) was pushed off with a hard kick to the chest, and he just barely avoided the disk coming down onto his neck. 

The (H/C)-haired boy rolled over and jumped to his feet, pulling his disk out and whipping around to face the other. They stared at each other for a moment, waiting for one of them to move first. (M/N) was hyper aware of his disadvantage here, standing at the edge of the rooftop. 

He let out a small chuckle, "Did you really think you'd win, short stack?"

The agent let out a small huff, and ran at him. 

(M/N) let out a shaky breath, and as the agent was about to land the final blow, he swiftly tucked himself under their arm, getting a firm grip on them. And with one final heave, (M/N) sent the agent over his shoulder.

And over the edge of the roof. 

He turned, watching the other fall to their doom, frozen as he watched, not being able to tear his eyes away.

He wasn't fazed by the sight. There was no fear or shock in him at what he had done.

Was that a bad thing? 

With a hard Thwack, the agent hit the ground. 

(M/N) stared for a moment longer, then finally managed to take a step away from the edge. 

But much to his frustration and surprise, the agent below slowly began to sit up, letting out an agonizing yell. (M/N) watched as a white van pulled up beside them, and several Kraang bots hoisted them up and into the vehicle. 

(M/N) slowly sat back, dematerializing his helmet and combing his fingers through his hair and wiping the sweat from his brow. 

How had they even survived that? That was about a 20 foot drop, and they landed on hard concrete. Had the organization reinforced the suit? It was unlikely it would've prevented anything. Which left another option. 

That agent was some sort of mutant. 

(M/N) shook his head, forcing himself to get up and begin his way back to the lair. 

He was too tired for this. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

school has been hell and everything kinda sucks for me rn but this is one of my few sources of serotonin. Hope y'all enjoy!

- M