Chapter 8

When Aoife awoke, she breathed a sigh of relief seeing the (unfortunately) familiar Fairy Tail infirmary. She sat up and saw a definitively empty room. That worried her more because she didn't know how long she had been asleep. She slowly wobbled over to the large window and saw a peaceful afternoon sky. She knew that people would be here right now, so she fled downstairs as quick as she could.

"MIRRAAA! ERZAAA!" She was almost at the bottom of the stairs when she face planted and tumbled down the rest of them. She landed on her ass at the bottom but it gave her a great view of Erza punching the shit out of Natsu and Gray, so she really didn't mind. It took less than 10 seconds for both Mira and Erza to be at her side laughing quietly at her clumsiness. Something they loved about her. The whole guild brightened at the sight of her upright and smiling like a maniac.

"Sooooo, what are we doing today?"

"Well, we wanted to wait until you were awake, so we postponed it. But, today I'm going to fight Natsu."

"FUCK YEAH I WANNA SEE NATSU GET HIS ASS BEAT!"

"THANKS FOR THE VOTE OF CONFIDENCE AOIFE!"

"YOU'RE WELCOME NATSU!"

"Jeez hon, maybe you should quiet down!"

"Sorry, Mir!"

"LET'S GET STARTED!" Soon enough Erza and Natsu were going head to head. Aoife was curled into Mira's side as Elfman held them up. Elfman was like her big brother and her bestfriend, when they were younger he promised to always protect her. And she helped him get through Lissanas death, he was the biggest supporter of her and Mira. As she was laying there just thinking, suddenly a gong rang, and a traditionally dressed frog woman entered the ring. Aoife immediately stood, knowing she was from the council. She pushed her way through the crowd. Hearing they were going to arrest Erza made her blood boil, and she arrived just as they were taking her away.
They had restrained Natsu but weren't expecting her to be shoving her way through the crowd that quickly.

"YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS ARE IN FOR IT NOW, YOU HEAR ME!" She started tearing through the army. She didn't have her hammer, (which she used as a conduit so the raw magic energy she collected didn't kill people) but she didn't care. The guild started screaming for them when they placed her under a paralysis spell to keep her from attacking them and actually threw her into the prison cart. The magic counsel army were pissed at Aoife, and she was terrified. She knew what they did to their prisoners, and she had no way to fight back.

While Erza was walked to the court room, Aoife was thrown into a disgusting cell on the lowest sub level. She sat there for hours only accompanied by her own mind. She passed time by thinking of the people she loved to give her strength. Mira's last birthday, where her and Erza spent hours the night before to make her this huge cake. When they brought it in with tired eyes but full hearts, she cried tears of joy. The time Erza got sick and she was a total drama queen, but her, Aoife and Mira spent the whole day cuddling and and watching movies on the lacrima TV that she had gotten as a gift. When her and Elfman went out on a job in the middle of the forest, and she got hurt. He carried her the whole way to the village, and kept fussing over her like a mother hen. He didn't think it was funny but she was giggling the whole way back.

She was thinking about that when she heard a few sets of heavy footsteps approach. If she could have been shaking, she would have been. When her cell door opened, a single tear ran down her face.

"Oh hoho~! Look at that! The Storm Goddess is scared! Well, she should be. I've been waiting for a chance to beat the shit out of one of those high and mighty Fairy Tail wizards." Aoife was praying, to every god and goddess she knew. A beating she could take. Hell, she'd had a thousand. But she had heard stories about what happened to the women who came down here. These guys were assholes who did awful things, and she wasn't sure if she could handle the emotional fallout of that. She'd never been any good with her own emotions.

The beating went on for hours. It ended when she was kicked into a wall and someone called down to them. Somebody spit on her face, then more people came in and picked her up. They carried her up to another cell and threw her into a familiar pair of warm calloused hands. She smelled ash and smoke, then metal and strawberry cake and just barely managed to choke out some words.

"N-natsu, don-n-n't let th-them touch e-e-rz-za." After that she let out a heavy breath. The paralysis spell was so similar to a sleeping spell that it was taking a toll on her. At her words, both Natsu and Erza broke out of their stupor.

"WHAT DID YOU BASTARDS DO TO HER! YOU GUYS ARE GONNA PAY! I'LL LIGHT YOUR ASSES ON FIRE!" Erza was shaking with silent anger. The men who remained laughed and one of them spit on her again which only proved to piss them off more. Erza requipped a small washcloth and gently started washing off the blood and spit. She stopped for a moment to give them a promise in a voice that made their blood run cold.

"Fairy Tail will return the favor."

When they finally reached the guild there were gasps of horror, and after she had been dropped off at the infirmary, Erza immediately went to Mira. The second Mira wrapped her arms around her, she gave out a sob that broke everyone's hearts.

"You, you didn't see it Mira. They threw her to the ground in front of us and they-they, Gods! THOSE SONS OF BITCHES SPAT ON HER! She-she's so good, and kind and when they finally let us tend to her and she realized that I was there she immediately told Natsu to make sure that they didn't lay a hand on me. I-i." Natsu roared and slammed a flame covered fist into a table. Mira was crying, as was the rest of the guild. Aoife would tend to their wounds, and take care of them when they felt down. She was an important part of the guild and helped everyone there grow as people. Fairy Tail was devastated.

Time skip 5 days

Aoife was up and moving, contrary to many, many, opinions.
She said 'I won't let those council assholes think they got anything on me!' So, that wasn't gonna happen. Due to everything that had been happening, they all forgot a very important fact. Mystogan was coming soon. Now, to most that wouldn't be a big deal. But Mystogan was insistent that no one saw his face, so he cast a very large, powerful sleeping spell. They realized their mistake when Aoife started to totter on her feet.

"Shit! Aoife, Mystogans here."

"Yeah, I fig-" Thump. Aoife had hit the ground, and they knew she wouldn't be waking up for awhile. When she was younger, and weaker, she stayed at the guild to know what would happen. She stayed asleep for 2 and a half weeks. Now that she was stronger she should be okay. It used to take her a week to recover from a regular strength spell like the one she encountered in Clover Canyon.

As soon as everyone else woke up, Elfman, Mira and Erza were the first one's next to her. She was breathing heavily and she was pale. She went into a coughing fit and Elfman scooped her up immediately to take to the infirmary.