Chapter 17

She was still peacefully floating in the water. She couldn't tell if it had been seconds or years, and she didn't care. The water had turned, and it looked like the surface of a lake at sunset. She saw a bright light and was suddenly looking down on what seemed to be a funeral. She looked at the people and saw the entire guild. Erza and Mira were leaning on each other and sobbing loudly, Elfman was shaking.

Strange. She thought, I don't remember this, and I would certainly be there comforting Mira and Erza.

The tombstone was a large four-winged angel, that was holding two large flaming swords. She read further down and gasped. It read her name, but as she truly wanted it. Aoife Strauss. X764-X784. Then the Master started to speak.

"Aoife Strauss touched many lives in this world. It was her last wish to marry the loves of her life, and we happily obliged. Her heart was as huge and boundless as the sky above, her inner light shone vibrantly as she protected those she truly loved. She moved mountains with her willpower and her exquisite beauty rivaled that of Mother Nature herself. It's a painful reminder that love can give you strength, but losing love can render you powerless. We'll miss her dearly." The Master sobbed loudly.

"Master" She whispered.

"Our Fairy Tail family will never be the same." He choked out. Then Org from the magic counsel spoke up.

"In the wake of this tragedy, we have been left with two empty seats on the counsel. We have decided to award one to her posthumously. I am proud to declare Miss Aoife Strauss an eternal member of the Ten Wizard Saints."

"I've had enough." Natsu roared in anger. "I can't just stand back, and watch you go through with this!"

"Lillibror Natsu." She whispered.

He kicked the sunflowers off of her grave, and Mira screamed for him to stop. Erza's shoulders were shaking uncontrollably. As the Master and Lucy spoke up.

"Just what do you think you're doing young man?"

"Please. Calm down!" Gray ran forward.

"HOW DARE YOU?!"

"We all know Aoife isn't dead!"

"This is already hard enough. Please stop!" Lucy cried out.

"There's no way she could be!"

"Why can't you face the truth Natsu? She's gone!" Natsu had been pinned down, and he was screaming for them to let him go.
Aoife realized what her actions would do, and dug her palms into her eyes.

"I sacrificed myself because I thought it would make the future better for them, but that's not the case. I never thought things would turn out this way." She looked down at her family, who were barely choking back sobs, Mira was still screaming and both her and Erza were on their knees.

"I wanted to save them so that they could go on living happily. I never meant to hurt them like this."

She gasped when the world around her went back to the way it was before. She turned and saw something reaching for her. A hand? Everything went dark. When she awoke she was surrounded by water again. She heard voices and looked back to see her friends running towards her.

"AOIFE, ERZA!" She took in more of her surroundings, and realized she was in Natsu's arms. She looked for Erza, and saw her standing next to him, leant on his shoulder heavily. She started crying, and Natsu collapsed to the ground, Erza along with him. He started to speak.

"I feel the same way you do." He referred to what she had said about Fairy Tail. "And I know everyone else does too. Promise me you won't do anything like that again."

She tried to speak, but only coughed. So she lifted her hand, and held out her pinky. It was a stupid thing they did as kids. But it was the only way she could promise him. He grabbed it with his own and she laid her forehead against his. She tried to speak again.

"T-th-thank y-you, N-n-" She started coughing again and blood came up. They both saw it, and even if she could hide it from sight, he could smell it. He hefted her up again and looked to the others. They saw the blood smeared on her face and gasped. Knowing she wasn't out of the woods yet. She smiled to the others, it was all she could do right then. Erza smiled brightly and hugged the others, because it was finally over. They were back at the resort, minus Aoife, and they were all laughing at Natsu. Who was currently sleeping without the blankets, except on one leg, and snoring louder than a freight train. Erza apologized again for the trouble she'd caused, and she was waved off by Lucy. Later she went to see off Wally, Milliana, and Sho. They were apologizing to each other, and Erza offered them a place in Fairy Tail. They accepted, and they all went back to the resort. In the way back, they asked about Aoife.

"So how's Aoife doing, meow?"

"It's touch and go, but she's strong. It'll take her awhile to recover."

"She's a strong broad. But, how's life treating her?"

"She's getting married."

"WHAT? SIS IS GETTING MARRIED? YES!"

"Who's the old girl gettin hitched to huh? Sees I just wanna have a little talk."

"Well, she's getting married to me and another woman. She's incredible, so bright and happy. Her name is Mira. We technically are getting married to each other. I'm keeping my last name, but Aoifes taking Mira's."

"I'm sooo happy for you guys! Meow!"

Once they got to the resort, they saw Aoife there. Although wrapped in bandages and being carried by Gray, she looked incredibly happy. They all called out to her.

"Aoife!" She smiled and waved. She wrote something down quickly, and held it up.

Hey! How are you guys?

"Better now that you're okay." Erza said as she took Aoife from Gray. She whispered into her ear.

"I told them about us getting married."

"Good. We'll tell the others later." She whispered back.

Soon enough a party was under way, they were all having the time of their lives. But Sho and the others had disappeared. Aoife was already headed to the beach with Erza and once they got there they saw them getting into a boat. Aoife was in another dress, this time it was a beautiful white. It floated around her and they swore she looked like an angel. She just smiled as Erza assured them that she wasn't trying to make them stay. Next to her Erza requipped. And told them the three rules that  anyone who leaves Fairy Tail must abide by.

1. Never share sensitive information about the guild with anyone so long as you live.

2. Never contact any clients you worked for while in the guild for your own personal gain.

3. Although our pasts must stray, promise to live the rest of your lives to the fullest. That means, you must treat everyday as though it were your last in this world. Never forget your Fairy Tail friends, treasure them for as long as you live.

"LET THE FAIRY TAIL FAREWELL BEGIN NOW."

Erza stood tall, Aoife next to her smiling proudly. As Erza's staff hit the ground, Natsu shot off fireworks, as did Gray and Lucy.
Aoife glowed brightly and stepped forward into the water, causing bright golden lights to shoot out. Her glow diminished, but the lights remained. Making them all look slightly angelic. As they drifted away, Aoife took the time to speak.

"I-I love you!" This caused them to cry harder, knowing how hard it was for her to speak right then.

"WE LOVE YOU TOO!"