Chapter 16

Everyone was following Simon, trying to find Natsu and Happy. They stopped when Jellal came on the intercom. 

"I welcome you to the tower of heaven. My name is Jellal and I am the ruler of this tower. I see the players have been arranged. I'm delighted you've come all this way to see me. Shall we play a round of Heaven's game? The rules are really quite simple. I wish to use Erza and Aoife as sacrifices in my ceremony to ressurect Lord Zeref. " Aoife noticed that Sho was on the verge of a panic attack, and wrapped an arm around his shoulders in comfort. That seemed to help a little bit, because he found the courage to speak up.

"No! I won't let you!" Jellal continued.

"If I succeed, the gates of heaven will open, crowning my victory. However, if you can manage to find a way to stop me, you'll be the winners of the game. To make things a little more interesting, I've enlisted three knights to battle on my behalf. The only way you'll be able to get to me is if you can defeat them. In other words, a three on eight battle royale. And there's one more surprise. The magic council has the satellite square focused directly on this tower, and it is highly likely they will attack. At this very moment they're in the midst of voting on whether they should fire an etherion blast. There's no telling how much time is left. Should the etherion strike, complete annihilation is imminent. No players left to win, Game Over." Sho seemed lto freak out more so Aoife stopped both of them to hold his face in her hands.

"Lillibror? Are you ok? What's wrong?" She gasped when both her and Erza were stuck in a card that Sho held together. "SHO? WHAT ARE YOU DOING! SHO!" 

The others were just as confused and greatly concerned. 

"HEY!"

"What the hell do you think you're doing!" Jellal finished his announcement.

"Now, then. Let the games begin." Sho started to explain himself.

"I won't let him lay a finger on either of them! I'll beat Jellal all by myself if I have to!"

"SHO! Let me out of here!" Erza demanded. She needed to be able to protect her family, she couldn't do anything from in there! Simon called out and chased after him as he ran in the other direction.

"NO! You can't do it alone!"

Gray turned around and talked to the two girls behind him.

"Yo, I'm gonna go rescue the girls from Sho. You two go find Natsu, got it?"

They knew there was no way out of those cards without help, so they opted to hold each other and talk.

"Erza?"

"Yes, dear? What is it?"

"I want to get married. You, me and Mira. I know it won't be official, but we could get Master to do the ceremony! And-"

"Aoife?"

"Y-yea?"

"I would want nothing else more."

"Ooh! How should we propose to Mira? How about at the Festival? During the parade? We'd have to get some help from others at the guild, but it could be great!"

"That sounds wonderful."

"I wish we could be happy after this, but we aren't gonna make it, are we?"

"No, I don't think we are my love."

"Well, we'll end up at the golden fields. I've always imagined that the afterlife would be like the place you most felt at home, so I guess we'd just wait a while for the rest of the guild to get there."