Eight

"N-N-N-Nicklaus?" At first, the saying of my name almost goes unnoticed so enraptured I am with Ezra, this time spent holding him the best moments of my life by far, but the lighter than air voice is accompanied by the feel of Ezra shifting himself so that he might hide from my startled expression when his whimper actually registers with me. 

"What is it, my Love?" I try and be as gentle as I can be, the hand cupping his cheek moving up to smooth out his lovely caramel tangles, the fact that he's blessed me with hearing the sound of his voice something that affects my very soul... I know my surprise may have startled him back into his original state of bashfulness and that now he might choose to go back to staying silent... But after a shockingly sweet grumbling nuzzle that is all too charming... I am given something that makes my heart pound... Not only a response... But a question...

"Y-Y-You'll s-st-stay w-with m-me?" There is so much pain seeming to radiate through the one question that I almost am unable to stop myself from crushing my dear sweet Ezra to my chest to impart every single ounce of comfort I have to offer into his soft form to soothe every bit of that hurt right out of him.

...

Ezra

...

The fierceness that enters Nicklaus's grip at my question leaves me swallowing hard, frightened by the sudden protectiveness of his hold... I should have kept quiet... But... But I had wanted to know whether or not he would actually stay or be sneaky like Wendy and leave once I've fallen asleep... I hadn't thought I would get in trouble for asking a question...

"Of course I'll stay! I'll not leave until they make me, Love..." Just as I am about to try and figure out how to express to Wendy as she sits a few chairs away from us that I am very much in distress at the moment Nicklaus manages to soften himself, a kiss being pressed to my forehead that leaves me staring at him in wonder over how he seems so sure of himself...

As though Ms.Ezalie hadn't been firm in telling him that this is highly unusual and will not be allowed to happen again if either of us misbehaves... As if he would not worry about not being invited back for causing a fuss when eventually asked to leave... But the way he senses and soothes the discomfort his sudden shift has caused he wastes no time... Urging me to settle back into him... The way he softly strokes my hair while he presses light kisses to the top of my head compliments the feel of his arm around my waist pulling my heaty pad closer in just the right way to make me feel safe again, "I'm so sorry that I startled you, Darling... I just don't want you to think I would ever take leaving you lightly..."

And just like that, I find myself curling up against him, my own hands being used to press the massage pad deeper into my belly seeking comfort from both his hold and the offer of his apology. I give him nothing but a nod but I think he expects that his own body curling itself around mine and tugging his legs into a more comfortable position for us both. 

...

Nicklaus

...

Startling Ezra had been unfortunate, but he seems to not have any issue accepting my apology, the words completely genuine when they tumble from my lips into his luscious hair... Instead of pulling away from me or showing me the door, one of the hands that he so far has kept to himself works up the courage to move up so that he might rest his palm on my chest and feel the way he makes my heart pound. 

Though my feelings for him have already broadened I know I need to keep myself tempered enough for the delicate young man to handle, his introduction to also an introduction to the outside world, something that is no doubt already overwhelming... All the thoughts I am not privy to racing through his mind likely connecting my presence to his escape from this grim holding pond... I just hope that along with those thoughts comes a sense of safety, comfort, and caring, my main intentions for holding him so carefully... My main intentions of this visit entirely while we trepidatiously get to know each other. 

It is so gentle the way he chooses to arrange himself on top of me... The way he pushes into me so that I might recline us more into a more relaxed position... So enrapturing to feel him draped on top of me with his warmth and softness, the belly time device not hindering us in the slightest from enjoying each other's tender physicality, Ezra's descent back into silence something that only bothers me because I cannot help but think if I had not reacted so strongly maybe he would be comfortable enough to start a full conversation... 

But it seems as though my Angel has noticed the regret still held within my hands, and chooses to offer comfort to me in such an adorable way, the hand on my chest sliding up to caress my cheek for just a moment, his thumb brushing the corner of my mouth while he meets my eyes in a way that absolutely leaves me breathless and I dare say in love before he shies away from me withdrawing his hand while hiding his face in my chest with a whimper that catches the attention of Wendy and the other staff, the lot of them still resisting the temptation to stare at us outright. 

Once they see that he is in no distress they leave us be, and I am left reeling in feelings that until now, have never blessed my being... It may have been wrong for me to wait so long to seek out a wife and a family... It may be wrong that I have found myself entangled in Ezra's charm with no shame... But if I had not waited I would not have found him, and i have a feeling that he might need company just as badly as I do... That he might need love just as badly as I do... 

There is simply something about the way we cannot help but cling to each other... Something about the way he now seems to be holding me just as much as I am cradling him that makes it so very easy to see... We both need this... And even though I find myself so much older... I find myself more sure than I was before arriving that this is no mistake... Loving him is no mistake, and neither was letting myself fall in love with him... I should not have spent so many months waiting for a sign that this would be alright... That it would not be deemed as inappropriate by the staff or Ezra himself... That he would welcome my advances and care, even telling myself I would accept even the most platonic type of relations with this sweet young man who seems so very badly to need someone to show him that they truly care...

Giving my whole heart to Ezra is not a mistake... For he is already holding it so tenderly in his grasp, cherishing it in a way I think that only he would ever be able to despite the fact that he's barely spoken.