Chapter 5

Hi guys this would be the last chapter before the epilouge. I would like to thank you all for reading Chasing Pavements. Please do continue to support me. I would also appreciate if you will also read my other stories.  Stay stuned for upcoming stories that I will write.

...

Damien's mindset was damaged and the rest follows. He strongly believed that without hatred in his life he would die since there is no part of him that feels something else. Without it, he wouldn't be anything; Yet all he  have is hate, his only friend in the desert that we call life.It's the thing that keeps his heart pumping and his brain ticking.

For so many years in his childhood all he really have is his dad which died in this house.You probably heard it right He hated the fact that her mother insisted that he had mental incapacity but the reality really screamed that he isn't. That is when he first hated someone in his life,his mother.

His mother knew what he is capable to do in such a young age so she did few mothers will do. She hide the true color of her child, Damien.She knew that killing  was his most  favorite part. She have Damien kill the poor stray animals as if he felt contented seeing blood gushed on its body. She protected him that she barely forget Atticus' existence.

They then moved to countryside which he met a lovely child named Samantha who is the daughter of wealthy man. His father worked as a gardener in that massive mansion which made Damien visits everyday to take a glimpsed of Samantha in the balcony.  He loves how cheerful she was by just staring at her.

One day he saw her laying in a tall grass with Atticus his younger brother. He was furious but he can clearly see the sparks of admiration in Samantha's eyes which made him felt insecure towards his brother.

Samantha and Atticus continued seeing each other that made Damien have his bold move. His intention was to kill his brother but he didn't expect what happened next. He was about to stab his brother when Samantha got stabbed instead. She landed in the tall grass.Lifeless.

His mother concealed his mistakes again. A week after he had received a message that Samantha was alive. Damien felt lively again. He waited for her in the mansion but there no glimpsed of Samantha or even her family.

...

Mr.Benjamin patiently wait for Atticus to wake up. After several tap he successfully wake him up. He motioned Atticus to stay silent.  He get a paperin the pocket of his jacket and he then write down what he wanted to say to avoid making noise. 

Atticus read silently what Mr. Benjamin have written. It says "A lie holds the truth, and the truth unfolds the lie."

"Whatever you will hear will be the secrets that both our family shared. So help me out one last time. Help my daughter leave this house. I have already called the cops."

Damien left Atticus no choice. He wanted to help out Mr. Benjamin than his brother because he knew that it will be the appropriate thing to do in this kind of situation.

...

Samantha wake up in the room filled with darkness.  The last thing she remembered she is with Damien. She then realises what happened earlier. She found herself in her living room tied. It is really tight.