•1•

•Listen to my heartbeat•

-"Shit! Shit! Shit!" Sweat tickled from your forehead down to your neck, as you ran down the empty hallway with all your might. Your feet taking you towards your desperately desired destination with it's most fastest pace. The only sound of your heavy breathing and your loud footsteps filled the hallway. When your eyes zoomed on the door of your class and you finally slowed down with a loud exhale.

Just as you put your hand on the doorknob and was about to enter the classroom, a hand blocked your way. Knowing exactly who that hand belonged to, you squeezed your eyes shut tightly. The person cleared their throat to grab your attention, which they immediately did. You secretly bit on your lower lip before facing the president. His warm yet intimidating eyes bored into yours as soon as you looked up. You visibly gulped feeling your heartbeat fastening, as the seconds passed by.

"You're late, again"

The deep intimidating voice echoed in your ears. You knew, you were screwed yet again. He narrowed his eyes on you before pulling out a paper which had 'Detention' written on it. He sighed in disappointment before holding the paper for you.

"Detention with Mr.Kim after school"

With that he gave you one last full of annoyance, disappoint and hint of disgust before turning on his heels and walking to the school's student council room. As the tall figure disappeared into the said room, you crunched the paper in your hand. Sighing you finally walked inside your classroom and all the heads turned towards the gate knowing exactly who had arrived. 'The Kim Y/n".

"Ms.Kim, I hope you got your detention slip"

Mr.Jun pushed his glasses back with his index finger as he sighed. You nodded your head rolling your eyes in process.

"Good, please go and take your seat" He instructed.

You slurped down on the sit beside your best friend who silently laughed at your tired face. You glared at him before taking out your books and starting with the class, or two hours torture to be more specific.

You kept your eyes outside the window most of the most of the class, observing the birds and the outside views closely. The more you looked at them, the more you started to swim in your own sea of imaginations. A sudden loud voice made your thoughts come to a halt, you looked in front to see a fuming Mr.Jun glaring at you.

"Ms.KIM!"

His hard slap on his desk made almost the whole class flinch. Sighing in annoyance you immediately stood up, ready to take whatever insults he was to throw at you.

"Take my advice and stop coming to school Ms.Kim"

"Mr.Jun~ I mean it's you who's growing old so I think you are the one that should think about not coming to school anymore" You gave him a tight smile.

"Ms.Kim! I am warning you!" His loud voice echoed throughout the room.

You rolled your eyes at older teacher rubbing your index in your ears.

"Relax Mr.Jun or you might collapse" Your calm voice laced with sarcasm.

"You know what Y/n, nevermind. I don't even expect from you. Please sit down" He shook his head.

With one mocking smile he returned to the board to resume with his lesson. The students gave you a look of pity to which you glared at them making them look away immediately. Soobin, your best friend tugged onto to your sleeve to make you sit down. He gave you a pat on your back with a small smile.

"You know you should try to wake up in time and stop dozing off in class Y/n"

Soobin pointed while taking a sip from his strawberry slurpee. You sighed defeated playing with your food. He was right but it wasn't your fault that your eyes never open on time and he cannot blame you for finding the birds, insects and the weather more interesting than a Physics class with Mr.Jun.

"Shut up"

You defended yourself lazily which only made him roll his eyes.

"Mhm I can surely detect the improvements"

His mocking didn't go unnoticed by you but you were actually too lazy to argue. Soon your group of friends from your class came to join you both on the table and loud chatterings filled the whole cafeteria.

"Hey the president gave you a detention today too?"

You looked up to see Lizzy and your friends giving you curious eyes, as if this wasn't a everyday scene. You rolled your eyes at her question taking a fry in your mouth.

"Yes"

They hummed in response, just then the cafeteria fell quiet which only indicated the arrival of Students council members (SCM). Your heartbeat fastened without even looking up, as the sound of their footsteps echoed throughout the room but one particular one was stored in your mind like a love song. Soon they faded as they sat on their table making you sigh in relief.

"All they do is walk and that's enough to swoon everyone over them"

Jake silently laughed at the gushing girls and guys making you all chuckle in unison. Your group which consisted of 5 people, the popular kids of 'Bighit High', the bullies of the school who everybody feared. Especially You. Boys or girls, no one ever dared to mess with you guys....well everyone except for the president group. Which consisted of seven people.

The last bell rang indicating the end of school, but of course you weren't allowed to go since you had a detention to attend. You lazily walked inside the detention room where Mr.Kim greeted you and advised you to take a seat and complete your homework for the day. After 15 mins the door of the classroom opens revealing the president himself to bless us with his glory.

_
__

To be continued..