•7•

•Brothers•

"Hey"

Hearing the most familiar voice of the person that your heart always sang the song of, you immediately turned around to face his direction. You were surprise but you were successful in hiding it completely with a smile.

"Oh President, hello"

You waved at him but he kept his face straight staring at you without a word, as if he was observing every inch of you just by looking into your eyes.

"Hey am I that beautiful? I am very flattered that you are the one staring at me like that"

You teased him with a smirk which made his face scrunch up in disapproval, you chuckled lowly knowing how just by simply looking at you his skin irked in irritation.

"What are you doing here?"

He asked rolling his eyes and you raised an eyebrow at him curiosity flashing in your eyes.

"Um strolling?"

Your voice came out a little unsure as you gazed at his brown orbs trying to read his emotions but all in vain.

Jungkook opened his mouth to speak but he quickly closed it as his eyebrows crashed together when his eyes fell on your lips that had a cut in the corner.

"How did that happened?"

His eyes were stuck on your bruised lips as he pointed at your lips. You immediately turned you head to the side secretly gulping afterwards which made Jungkook even grow even more suspicious.

"You didn't answer my question Kim Y/n"

His voice was calm yet clouded with sternness. Lowly sighed you faced him again but this time with your infamous smirk.

"Is president worried about me?"

You wiggled your eyebrows at him and he gave you a stern glare as if warning you but your smirk only widened.

"Kim Y/n how did that happen?"

Jungkook asked once again and this time he didn't try to hide his stern voice or the warning look in his eyes. You slowly stepped forward stopping right in front of him keeping your eye contact with him.

"I don't know why you are suddenly curious about me but if you must know, it's from the heated kiss I shared with my boyfriend"

You fixed his shirt's collar as the teasing smile was still present on your lips. Yes you lied since the bruise on your lips was from the slap you received from your father earlier but of course you wouldn't tell him the truth and the second reason behind that lie was that you wanted to see if Jungkook would react when you mention about kissing someone. To your very expectation, he gave you no reaction except for the eye roll before he jerked your hands away.

"Why did I even bother"

His low muttering reached your ears clearly but you stayed quiet keeping your eyes fixed on him.

"Try not to come late at school tomorrow, Ms.Kim"

Saying that he walked to his new car and got inside without another glance at you. You sighed as you heard the rustling sound of dried leaves that were under his tires as he drove away, leaving you behind with your messy heart and with a heavy weight on it like always.

When Jungkook reached his desired destination a smile broke on his face immediately as he pressed the doorbell waiting for the person to open the door and welcome him. The door opened a few seconds later revealing a tired and drained looking man. Jungkook's eyes immediately widened seeing his dear cousin's condition, all the excitement he felt before coming now suddenly drained down like it was never there in the first place.

"Hyung what happened to you?"

Jungkook had panic and worry in his voice, without saying a word Jimin moved to the side giving Jungkook space to step inside the apartment and later closing the door behind them.

Now settled down on the couch with two cup of coffees in front of them, they stayed quiet in the silent apartment. Jungkook wanted ask Jimin what was bothering him but knowing Jimin well he knew he needed some time when it came to speaking his feelings out. Biting on his lips Jimin finally looked up to look at his younger cousin with gloomy eyes and lips pouted, he looked so fragile as if he would break even by a single touch. Jungkook's heart felt heavy seeing his best friend/ cousin in such state, he immediately shifted closer to him and put a hand on his shoulder in a confronting manner.

"What happened Jimin?"

Jungkook asked as softly as possible eyeing his cousin who's lips started to trembling, not wasting a minute Jungkook huged the latter rubbing his back as tears finally started leaving his eyes.

"I-I went to the cemetery today"

Jimin finally broke the long silence making Jungkook's heart drop and eyes close in guilt. How could he forget what day was today?  He broke the hug and looked at Jimin wìth guilty eyes.

"Hyung, I am-I am so sorry I forgot it's—"

Jungkook's apology was cut in the middle as Jimin spoke again looking down while wiping his tears.

"It's her birthday"

Jimin completed Jungkook's sentence with a small nod, the younger's eyes immediately softened.

"Hyung I am very sorry, I don't know how did I forgot such an important day and I am so sorry I wasn't there with you today"

Jungkook's sincere voice made Jimin shake his head.

"No Jungkook it's okay, I can understand that you were busy with your exam preparations so don't stress it"

Jimin weakly smiled at him.

"No hyung I was supposed to be there for you and I feel so bad right n-now"

Jungkook's voice cracked at the end as he looked down in ashame. Jimin sighed in placing a hand over his shoulder.

"Jungkook I said it's okay, I can't always lean on to you right? I've to learn living with this"

Jimin's sudden word made Jungkook look at his hyung with hurt.

"You can always lean on to me hyung and I'll always be the shoulder you can cry on whenever you don't feel okay. I am your brother Jimin, I'll always try my best to give you the love and comfort you need like I promised. You're my best friend and I am your best friend, so please don't ever talk like that"

Jungkook looked at Jimin with glossy eyes making Jimin tear up immediately and take him in a hug.

"I'll always be there for you hyung and make you happy even if it means I have to sacrifice my life in the process"

___
_______

Until next time~