20 ▼ I N C O R R E C T assumptions.

"Sometimes we become the monsters of our fears without noticing"
Free Me Poetry

▽▽▽

Elimination Chamber 2017

ALLEN

"And if you are looking like you are not walking out of here as the champion?"

I glanced up from my coffee and saw Tommy holding two coffees before he set them down on the table and took a seat. I chuckled slightly before rolling my eyes, "I haven't seen you around in a while"

"Just being the lone wolf. Honestly, I needed a break from all the backstage drama. I don't know how I became involved in everyone's lives but unfortunately I am" he groaned as he stretched and just when I was about to question why he had set two cups down, Nikki took a seat.

I felt myself tense while she thanked him and politely greeted me. I had been patiently waiting to see her all day so that I could explain to her that there was some confusion and also question what her showing up outside my door meant. But with Tommy sat between us I knew it wasn't the best time even though he could be blamed for the position I was in with his continuous encouragement.

"So, you really don't know who will be walking out as champion tonight?" She questioned me and well she had a pretty good poker face or perhaps she was relieved to assume that I was with someone else.

I shook away those thoughts because I knew she felt something for me, things were just all over the place. I found my morals slipping in the wrong direction whenever I thought of her and I should have thoroughly thought of all the repercussions but I knew what I wanted.

"No, I don't. And even if I did.." I shrugged and cleared my throat.

She sent a small smile my way, "I understand. So, I trust you enjoyed the other night"

My eyes widened as she brought up something while Tommy's eyes darted to mine as she did.

"And what happened the other night?"

"I have no idea. I was in your room remember and Charlotte was in his" she smiled but I knew from experience, in the last few months especially, it was not sincere.

"Charlotte Flair? Woah. AJ, you didn't tell me you were.. "

"If there were anything to tell I wouldn't tell you. But there is nothing to tell, she didn't think she would be needed for another appearance the next day so she didn't book a room. When I got back to the hotel I found her at the front desk and I had two beds in my room" I explained what I had intended except I hadn't thought that Tommy would be present for it.

"Why are you getting so defensive, Allen? You're a single man. You should have taken the chance" She spoke before he could respond which caused me to focus on her.

"Is that so? "

"Yes. There's no point in waiting around for something when you have someone that is available right in front of you. I mean who wouldn't want to date Charlotte Flair" She shrugged while I frowned and also wished Tommy would just get up so I could ask her what I wanted to. She probably thought she was being secretive while Tommy knew I felt something for her so he was enjoying this.

"I don't" I stated which caused her eyes to meet mine. "I know what I want and it's not her"

"And who exactly do you want? " I heard Tommy but before I could answer someone else interrupted which caused Nicole to jump in surprise and our eyes to widen.