Chapter 29

The next day, having spent the rest of his birthday with Tom and Wynter, he scoured his trunk for Hermione and Ron's phone number and called them on his new phone. Hermione had picked up cautiously because there were only a few people who had her number. When she realized who it was she shrieked into the phone and called Ron over and put him on speakerphone. After he calmed her down and got Ron to stop yelling, they talked for over 2 hours just to catch up; there was only so much they could say in a letter, and it was different to actually talk to them. He also set up a date for Wynter and him to visit the next Saturday. They were all very excited to see each other after not being able to for four months.

Harry spent the next week nearly bouncing off the walls in excitement on his impending trip. His excitement was contagious apparently because Tom was constantly in a good mood and Wynter was as active as ever. She kept playing with her toys and clanging them together and now that she said her first word, she would not shut up. It was always, "Mama! Mama!" all the time. It was wonderful the first few times, but Tom was now waiting for her to say his name. Harry just saw fit to gloat a bit at that but tried his best to get her to say it while Tom was gone as a surprise, but she hadn't done so as of yet.

Finally, the day of the visit came. Harry had agreed to come after lunch so they had time to get home from work and so Wynter could have her nap. Tom had been loathed to go to work, wanting to stay until Harry got back, but Harry didn't want Tom to just stay around the house and made him go. So the house was quiet for a few hours and allowed Harry to get a bag ready for Wynter and anything else he might need. Then when it was time he went to go get Wynter.

"Hi, sleepyhead," Harry said peering into her crib. Big green eyes blinked up at him as she laid there trying to wake up.

"Ma-ma," she muttered sleepily, rubbing her eyes.

Harry smiled and scooped her up and she automatically placed her arms around his neck. "Are you awake yet?"

"Ye," she said and rubbed her eyes again.

"We're taking a little trip. We're going to go see Auntie and Uncle. How does that sound?"

"Ai-e?"

"Yes, Auntie Hermione. You remember her, don't you? And Uncle Ron?" He asked her as he put her on the changing table to give her a change. She gave a nod and took a hold of her onesie that he took off her, tugging it between her fingers. "We haven't seen them in a while, so we're going to go visit them." He completed changing her diaper and changed her clothes into some purple filly shorts and darker purple top complete with a headband that had a flower on it, which she took right off. When she was ready, he went downstairs, grabbed her diaper bag, and stepped out of the house. Locking the door behind him, he took a deep breath and looked down at Wynter. "Ready?"

"Ye!" she exclaimed happily, holding her bear close.

"Okay." He took a hold of his necklace and squeezed it for good luck, then tucked it into his shirt. "Hold on tight," he told her and she squeezed her bear to her and closed her eyes, but she was smiling in excitement. Harry made sure she was secure and apparated.

xxx

Harry arrived in front of a nice, quaint one-story brick house that Ron and Hermione shared. He checked Wynter over to make sure nothing was missing. "Nose? Check," he said touching her nose and she giggled. "Fingers?" She only stared and he showed him his hand and waved his own fingers, so she showed him her hand too, "check. Feet?" he said looking down and she followed his gaze, "check. Ears? Where are your ears?" Wynter gazed at him in incomprehension. "You don't know where your ears are? Here they are!" he said and tugged one, then the other. Wynter giggled again and touched one. "Yup, your ears are there. All good."