Chapter 38

AN: You guys are lucky that I got another chapter done already and didn't have to wait long. Enjoy!

Days passed and there was no reply from Harry and Tom knew he had truly fucked things up this time. This wasn't any normal argument with each other, he had hurt him deeply and Tom hated himself for it. Which was a first, he never cared if he hurt someone or not, emotionally or physically, but as always it was different with Harry. Tom missed him and Wynter. And true to his word, he had closed up Haven Hall and settled into Riddle Manor to be closer to them.

A fact that did not escape his follower's notice; they were all on their very best behavior, especially since it seemed like their Lord was in a very bad mood. It only seemed to get worse as the days passed but no one dared to question him...except one.

"What?" Tom snapped as there was a knock on his door.

It opened and Fenrir poked his head in, "Whoa, boss man. Just checking in to let you know that the wolves to the east have come over to our side."

"Fine," Tom just said shortly and resumed the tapping of his fingers on his desk as he stared at the wall in thought.

"Is...something wrong?"

"No," Tom said, then "Yes."

"Lover's quarrel?" At the look on Tom's face, Fenrir closed the door behind him and stepped up to the desk. "Wow, got it in one. What did you do?"

"Who said it was me?" Tom snapped again.

"Well, you're not mad...more, uh, upset...at yourself. Plus, you've been in a mood and have been taking it out on everyone else. Avery, Rowle, Zander..."

"You've made your point," Tom said with a sigh and dissolved his disguise as it wasn't needed with Fenrir.

"So..." When Tom still didn't say anything and continued to stare at the wall, he backed away, "You don't have to tell me, but if you want to..." he trailed off.

Tom said nothing for a moment then, "Harry told me he loved me," he revealed quietly.

Fenrir's mouth dropped open in surprise and he fell into the chair in from of the desk, "Shit. Really?"

Tom nodded, "Yes."

"What did you say?"

"I...didn't. I just- He surprised me and I didn't- I left."

Fenrir winced, "That was a dick move, boss man."

"I know," Tom said leaning back in his chair and running his hand down his face. "I know, and now Harry's moved out and is not talking to me."

Fenrir grimaced and shrugged a shoulder. "Well, can't say I blame him. It was probably hard for him to tell you and you do that..."

"You don't have to rub it in."

"Sorry." Fenrir was silent for a moment, "Was that what he was hiding from you?"

"Yes," Tom answered, "I had enough of him holding it back and made him tell me. But of all the things..."

"Yeah...I'll bet it was a shock. Probably to him too considering your past."

"That's the point, I am the very last person to be on the receiving end of his...affections."

"And yet he does. So what are you going to do?"

"I have no idea," Tom said pinching the bridge of his nose as he felt a headache coming on.

"Well...you wouldn't be this upset if you didn't care."

"Of course I care. I just don't know..."