22

Well hello there lovelies!
How are we liking the updates? I promise I'll get to comments tonight but thank you so so much for sticking with the story!
Love you tons
Xoxo

Dante

Wednesday went by slower than molasses

It was so slow at Tidal Wave, Kas and I spent pretty much the whole shift compiling a huge list of great trivia questions. I barely even saw Howard at all that day. He came in during the morning hours, but when I went to hand him an updated inventory list around noon, he was nowhere to be seen.

"Did he step out or something?" I asked Kas. She shook her head no.

"He went home. If we don't get a customer by ten in the morning, he deems the day as "slow" and takes off."

I looked at her confused. "That... that doesn't really..."

"Make much sense?" She offered. "Yeah, we know. He closes for Holidays and gives us sick time though, so there isn't much we complain about around here. That, and this dumbass was guaranteed to do nothing anyways so I see no problem with him doing nothing at home."

I gave Kas a nod, because realistically, I saw no lie.

And the rest of the day continued as such.

I didn't think it dawned on me until now... but between working at Tidal Wave and working at Fight Club, I barely saw Sammy even though I was staying with him.

He had come to Tidal Wave Wednesday night so we got to walk back together, but most of our conversation revolved around boxing. By the time we made it back to Fight Club, I was exhausted from my early morning, and Sammy was exhausted from his work day. We both ended up knocking out as soon as we finished creating a new combo set for Brian.

When Thursday came around, I was positive I had made a mistake taking on all three jobs at the same time. Tired didn't begin to cover what I felt when I sat up in bed that morning.

Call me crazy... but besides the sleep deprivation, I woke up with something else feeling completelyoff.

I knew I had felt this feeling before, yet I couldn't pinpoint where or when.

From the sounds of the music, I thought Sammy must have woken up early to workout. My eyes glance down to check the time on my flip phone, and I damn near almost fell off the bed.

It was almost nine thirty.

"Shit shit shit shit shit," I mumbled to myself, barely managing to get some workout shorts and a sweatshirt on before flying down the stairs. Sure enough, Grayson and Sammy were already up and working. Grayson was with the novices while Sammy started warm up with the veterans.

"I'm so sorry!" I rushed out to Grayson as soon as his eyes caught mine.

"No biggie at all." He shook his head. "We were just in warm up right now. Sammy mentioned you might start a little late this morning. You can get started on the workouts if you'd like. Sammy was planning on hitting them hard with an ab day today. They were little shits yesterday." He handed me the chart of exercises.