30

Warning: Explicit Content (insert grinning devil emoji here)

Sammy

The temperature had spiked to an almost ungodly degree by the time Dante and I started to wind down for the night

The temperature had spiked to an almost ungodly degree by the time Dante and I started to wind down for the night. I spent the entire evening on the phone with a handy man who said he might be available to come take a look today... but once closing time rolled around for the company, I knew it was a lost cause.

Dante was showered, dressed, and lounging on a couch in the flat. I, on the other hand, barely looked together. After that long phone call that went absolutely fucking nowhere, I scrounged together whatever energy I could find, and took a shower.

It was so damn hot, I didn't even bother with a shirt when I got dressed. By the time my foot hit that top step to the apartment, I realized I shouldn't have even bothered with pants.

Dante was already breaking out in sweat. He was wearing a short sleeved shirt and some shorts... which was something I didn't expect. If I had been sitting up here in this heat, I'd be naked by now.

"No luck on getting someone out here, huh?" Dante asked, glancing up towards me. "I-I could h-hear most of your conversation from up here."

He struggled to hold my gaze, as the rest of my very shirtless body came into sight. He did allow himself a moment of lapse to wander before his eyes found mine again. I couldn't help the smirk playing on my lips when his words made me chuckle.

"I did get pretty heated on that call. Sorry about that." I'm my defense, these dickheads had put me on hold right up until they closed.

Dante was quick to wave it off. "I understand the frustration. If it helps, this still beats the apartment I've somehow found myself in."

I knew he was cracking a joke, but those words made me hesitate a moment.

Dante was going to be receiving his first check from Tidal Wave soon, which meant he'd be able to afford a bed at his place.

The thought of Dante going back there left me feeling uncomfortable at best. I watched as he closed the book he was reading, and pushed himself off the couch cushions.

"Well, luckily Texas heat has prepared me for quite literally hell." He replied with.

"Is there anything I can do to make this more comfortab..." I started to say, but my words trailed off as I watched Dante set the book on the table. He then turned towards where his bedroom area was located, and did something that made me forget what I was even talking about anymore.

His fingers pinched the shirt fabric near the nape of his neck, and he pulled the material clean off. I was now exposed to Dante's own lean upper body physique. He had a new bandage on his side and arm.

"That's okay, I should survive." Was all he said before waving me a little Goodnight and disappearing behind that wall.

Almost every fiber of my being wanted to just say fuck it... but my feet obeyed Dante's wishes, and forced me into my own bed after turning off the lights. I could already feel my body getting hotter against the comforters, as arousal was quick to take over me.