33

Another longer chapter just cause I love y'all. Let me know what you guys think, and Happy Friday lovelies!
xoxo

Dante

When Sammy pulled into a large partially vacant lot, at first I wasn't sure where we were

When Sammy pulled into a large partially vacant lot, at first I wasn't sure where we were. It was the ginormous words on the side of the building that said Rikers Correction Center, which really connected the dots... created more dots, I really wasn't sure.

"Is this a... prison?" I asked Sammy, as he threw the car into park.

"Yeah, sorry I promise it's just one of a few stops. You can stay in the car if you'd like, I'll leave the keys." Sammy replied.

I must admit, I contemplated it for a minute... but the rapidly developing curiosity to see who Sammy was meeting here far overpowered my uneasiness that came with prisons. "It's okay." I nodded, following in suit as Sammy got out and locked the vehicle behind us.

It wasn't even noon yet, and the sun was already out here with a vengeance. I barely made it to the entrance of the correction facility with those harsh rays beaming down on us from the sky. My face was already dripping with sweat.

Luckily, Sammy seemed to know his way around the facility quite well. I followed him as he lead us to a different wing of the building. We had to check in with security, but it was less extensive than I had imagined. The armed workers were actually surprisingly friendly when they set our possessions in a safe guard, until after the meeting.

The way Sammy addressed one of the guards made me assume they must have known each other more personally.... but then I got that feeling of familiarity from almost everyone he interacted with here. It made me wonders how often he came to visit this person.

"We're just heading through here. If you don't mind taking a seat over there against that wall, I'll try to make this quick." Sammy's voice cut through my thoughts.

I hadn't even noticed we had entered a different room. This one was quite large, and divided. There was a large thick glass that covered almost the span of the room. On one end was the visitor area that consisted of booths up against the glass. Inmates moved freely on the other side of the glass.

Sammy pointed to one of a few chairs that were lined up against the back wall. I took a seat, and watched as he made his way to a booth that hadn't been taken. There wasn't anyone seated across from him at first, but seconds later, a different inmate entered the room.

This man was completely impossible to miss.

Literally.

When he walked in, he had almost a head on every other inmate standing. He was big, but in a ultra ripped kinda way as broad shoulders were met with a toned toso and massive hands. It was hard to see his lower half from where I was sitting, but I imagined it accompanied his upper half.